The other shoe

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook

Reaction score
A small one light town in central florida
I'm waiting for it. It's gotta drop soon so I can get out from underneath this black cloud today.
Day starts with 3 jobs from the daughter of a regular customer. Deal is I go to each house, call and tell her how much to do what, do it and move on to the next. Well, I drive an hour to the first one, and she doesn't answer the phone. Wait half hour, say screw it and go to the next one. Same deal. No answer. On the way to the 3rd, I hear this god awful sound and sudden explosion of black rubber. It's the serpentine belt. So I'm on a major road, in traffic, pulling a trailer, and now don't have power steering or power brakes and Im grossing probably 13k lbs. I make it over to the side of the road into a parking lot, and find the tensioner has decided to eat itself and the belt. The serp belt i just replaced beginning of February. So I call the wife, she drives an hour to me, I get the parts and put the mess back together on a blacktop parking lot.
Then the customer calls. Doh!
I give. Beer and Jameson will finish my day out.

There are some of those days/weeks/months, and sometimes even years.. I've had them too.. I've had to pull the tranny out of my truck 3 times in a 12 month period.. first time it was the 5th gear nut, next was the clutch, and then the input shaft snapped.. don't even get me started on my Rx7's I used to have!

Never understood why they have everything running off that one belt like that. Its scary when it breaks.

That sounds like the other shoe has dropped. You should be good to go from here now Hook, those skies should be clearing already. :tiphat:

Put your feet up and enjoy a cold one(or 2). :wave:

You're good to go first shoe was the daughter and the second was the tensioner and belt. Three beers to cap off the day should be about right. I have to admit you have eased my pain of yesterday. Had to go to a meeting which meant town clothes and SHOES. Pulled in the parking lot and thought I had better lock the tool box in the bed. Driving a F-350 with the load levelers set at about 75 lbs. Standing inside the bed and step over the tailgate, my dress shoe hits the plastic on the bumper and fly's off into the air I still don't know how I got that foot back under me but when all was done I was standing on the ground with my right foot and left leg hooked over the tailgate at the knee. Thank the Lord I'm 6'- 3", best part was no one saw it. Hate to admit it but I hurt today.

red angus 2010":jmjs0wak said:
You're good to go first shoe was the daughter and the second was the tensioner and belt. Three beers to cap off the day should be about right. I have to admit you have eased my pain of yesterday. Had to go to a meeting which meant town clothes and SHOES. Pulled in the parking lot and thought I had better lock the tool box in the bed. Driving a F-350 with the load levelers set at about 75 lbs. Standing inside the bed and step over the tailgate, my dress shoe hits the plastic on the bumper and fly's off into the air I still don't know how I got that foot back under me but when all was done I was standing on the ground with my right foot and left leg hooked over the tailgate at the knee. Thank the Lord I'm 6'- 3", best part was no one saw it. Hate to admit it but I hurt today.
Ouch. I hate to laugh but the visual had me chuckling.

I laughed too, thought it could have been worse if I hadn't got that foot on the ground I would have been hanging off the tailgate with my left leg and at that point the only thing left to do was free the left leg and fall to the ground on my back. For all of the trouble I put myself in and there was no alcohol involved !!

I'm in town at my moms today and I may end up in prison if the neighbor across the green belt doesn't turn that !!@@!!##**# leaf blower off soon! It's going on 3hrs now! Talk about noise pollution!

Jogeephus":2jd8tch0 said:
Never understood why they have everything running off that one belt like that. Its scary when it breaks.
Especially, if it is an interference engine--one where the piston can hit the valves if the cam stops but the piston doesn't.

Kingfisher":2klxutru said:
I'm in town at my moms today and I may end up in prison if the neighbor across the green belt doesn't turn that !!@@!!##**# leaf blower off soon! It's going on 3hrs now! Talk about noise pollution!

3 hrs, wow. He should be running out of gas anytime now.

Hook":3s3l8z1f said:
I usually fart roses and shyt golden horseshoes. This is just a bump on the road

I am sorry that you had a bad day and I am sorry about the horseshoes. That must hurt.

greybeard":36eihzfv said:
Jogeephus":36eihzfv said:
Especially, if it is an interference engine--one where the piston can hit the valves if the cam stops but the piston doesn't.

I think he meant the serpentine fan belt, not the cam drive belt.. that would have just been the icing on the cake!

Latest posts