The other herd

Help Support CattleToday:

Glad they aren't here yet.

Have you got any of our red brothers there that would come and get a trailer load?

Another friend of mine uses that method to make them move on for a while and lessen the population.

gcreekrch Have you got any of our red brothers there that would come and get a trailer load? Another friend of mine uses that method to make them move on for a while and lessen the population. [/quote said:
Canadian communists ?

Stocker Steve said:
gcreekrch Have you got any of our red brothers there that would come and get a trailer load? Another friend of mine uses that method to make them move on for a while and lessen the population. [/quote said:
Canadian communists ?

With eagle feather hats.

gcreekrch said:
Glad they aren't here yet.

Have you got any of our red brothers there that would come and get a trailer load?

Another friend of mine uses that method to make them move on for a while and lessen the population.

Funny you mention that. Many of them act very excited about it and promise to come out but none has ever showed up. I'm thinking if it were a herd of moose the story would have been much different.

Who owns the game on private land? We were allowed to manage our herds in any way we wanted, if the land is game fenced, even out of season shooting is allowed. Many neighbours allowed professional hunters to bring in clients for a shared fee, we sold live captures for re stocking and did an annual cull - night shooting/lamping for head shots only, and had an on site abattoir for processing venison, the game accounted for a good percentage of our income, and the grazing strategy included the forage used by the wildlife, with browsers such as Eland and Giraffe providing not only better utilisation of available forage, but also essential to the control of potentially invasive scrub and trees.

andybob said:
Who owns the game on private land?

The Queen owns the game, or so the warden tells me. But the b!tch is way behind in her payments for me looking after them, so I do as I please with them.

Latest posts