The Optimist Creed

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
This was written some 100yrs ago by Christian D Larson -

Promise Yourself

To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel that there is something worth while in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature you meet.

To give so much time to improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud word, but in great deeds.

To live in the faith that the whole world is on your side, so long as you are true to the best that is in you.

It's easy to read but not soo easy to put into practice ;-) .

Hello. I have a lil puppy dog that no matter what he is doing, his tail is waggin! I looked at him the other day and said " that is what I desire to do today." No matter what ..........I'm going to wag my tail!

Alisonb, that is certainly well worth reading. I have to take it as a challenge to do better. I work very hard to be a positive person. But to be honest, I do not always meet the standards of the creed.

Ignoring my faults, I am close to perfect. :)

Ryder":r117vnk7 said:
I like that ;-) .
Ryder, I found it interesting that this creed written 100yrs ago was adopted in the book The Secret. So if you ever want to write a book just read a whole lot of similar books and things and take out of them what you need .....and there you have it.

alisonb":1say7o4s said:
Ryder":1say7o4s said:
I like that ;-) .
Ryder, I found it interesting that this creed written 100yrs ago was adopted in the book The Secret. So if you ever want to write a book just read a whole lot of similar books and things and take out of them what you need .....and there you have it.
Excellent advice. Thanks. I will save you an autographed copy reduced to the wholesale price. :cboy:

Did you see the list of some of the books I have been reading? I'll just take a page here, a paragraph there , and shazaam. A book.
Of course I may have to get me one of those slick lawyers in case somebody "falsely" accuses me of plagarism. :nod:

Latest posts