The only problem with using a Hereford bull.

Help Support CattleToday:

bulldurham":3q6jxbxy said:
Muddy":3q6jxbxy said:
You sounds like :?: ignorant and :?: misinformed person, Andy. But then again, you're the one who complains about Angus cows melted in the winters.

all this come from a Shorthorn guy in grass fed beef business....

From my observations, the common cross is black Angus x longhorn cross, they tends to be poor performers and not put pounds in like Char x, Romagnola x and Limo x does. But there will be always demand for ground beef.

Your regular exclusion of the in/definite articles and your inability to select the appropriate verb tenses are both dead-giveaways as to your identity-

And your ability to degrade and hide behind a computer screen gives away your identity little boy.

TexasBred":8kggww1p said:
bulldurham":8kggww1p said:
Muddy is the old Taurus - he's a hearing impaired manchild that still lives at home with his mother. Take that into consideration when responding to his contentions comments. I'm not suggesting that he deserves to be chastised for his situation; but continuing to give general consent to his clear lack of understanding does nothing but hurt those who come here to learn.

And once again you knowingly try to belittle someone who is hearing impaired. What's your excuse for being such an a$$hole Massey??

Why do you feel that being hearing impaired should grant you immunity from the repercussions of your comments/actions? You say nothing in response to his disdainful comments to Andyva but as soon as I provide a preface to his comments, you jump on your moral high horse and come to the rescue.

He should be all over me then, Just like the ladies.

dupree_lumberjack_2.jpg

bulldurham":fjqnmeds said:
Why do you feel that being hearing impaired should grant you immunity from the repercussions of your comments/actions? You say nothing in response to his disdainful comments to Andyva but as soon as I provide a preface to his comments, you jump on your moral high horse and come to the rescue.
Dam dude....all I did was remind you what an a$$hole you were/are /and probably always will be. :mrgreen:

Massey, my old offer still stands. I don't have any particular love of taurus but it takes a special piece of shyt to bring disability into it. You just flat disgust me for that. What little you do have to offer is overshadowed by your poor treatment of others.

I have lost no sleep since Muddy called me ignorant. He might be right, which would put me in good company.

highgrit":3qw5wezz said:
That's why I mentioned Simenthal blood. I'm not whining at all about the bull. Matter of fact he's probably throwing the nicest calves we've ever had on average. I'm just a little puzzled that our Simi bull didn't throw any red calves, yet passed the gene on.
We are down to a few old sim blood cows. Culled a lot last year. But, we still got a wild one out of this bunch. I've seen ads from people looking for this old sim blood. Might sell this heifer private.

cowgirl8":3u31s6yj said:
highgrit":3u31s6yj said:
That's why I mentioned Simenthal blood. I'm not whining at all about the bull. Matter of fact he's probably throwing the nicest calves we've ever had on average. I'm just a little puzzled that our Simi bull didn't throw any red calves, yet passed the gene on.
We are down to a few old sim blood cows. Culled a lot last year. But, we still got a wild one out of this bunch. I've seen ads from people looking for this old sim blood. Might sell this heifer private.
What documented percentage Sim is this calf

This would be a cow out of our old herd. If you go back, we raised sims in the 80 and 90s..Most were reg, ran reg bulls. So this one herd, until last year when we culled back a lot of old cows, was almost all sim. We have BBJ in there who is out of a full sim bull, not reg, and a almost all sim cow with a dash of simbra in her recognized by her color. The cow of this calf is all sim. Not registered for her color, not shown because sims winning had no white at the time. She has a lot of white. The calf will be almost all sim, maybe a dash of simbra, but will be over 3/4 sim to be conservative. People are looking for the 'old' sim, and this calf shows she has the old stuff in her. Having a little something else in her wont hurt her as a herd cow. These old blood sims grow huge calves. Breed them to a angus and the calves are really nice. Not keeping heifers this year, so i may sell this one to someone wanting some old blood, and i'm not going to pass her off as full blood.

WHat was getting at is you really don't know what she is and your only speculating. She is truly colored like a Old sim but I highly doubt it could be replicated. It was just one of those things that happen when things get crossed up. Every generation is diluted and while they e "almost all Sim" almost and close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. I have no doubt the has sim blood but saying she is 75% when you don't know the sire is a little misleading.

cowgirl8":2ayf77j7 said:
Since we didn't paper them that makes them not full blood?

No, Since you didn't paper them it makes it hard to PROVE they are full blood. Full blooded animals are full blood with or without papers or brands. Somewhere down the line the sires and dams were registered if they weren't they are not full blooded and just Mixed bred cows

The cow to this calf is full blood just not papered as i said above The only mix will be from BBJs mother and it would be Simbra, it would be half or 1/4. BBJ then would be out a sim bull (full but not papered)and a sim/ Simbra cow. So wouldn't you say that the calf is pretty much sim? .