The only problem with using a Hereford bull.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit":1r4raznb said:

Mr. Danny or anyone else I'm curious to why this bull sired that spotted calf? Just trying to figure out what's going on. I'm still very happy with him and his calves. But the DNA thing has me wondering why. Thanks for the help.
Your spotted calf out of a Hereford cow?

mrvictordomino":3o1z8cck said:
highgrit":3o1z8cck said:

Mr. Danny or anyone else I'm curious to why this bull sired that spotted calf? Just trying to figure out what's going on. I'm still very happy with him and his calves. But the DNA thing has me wondering why. Thanks for the help.

No sir, it's out of a sim-angus heifer. And it's the only spotted calf we've had so far.

highgrit":nr4z7e4j said:
mrvictordomino":nr4z7e4j said:
highgrit":nr4z7e4j said:

No sir, it's out of a sim-angus heifer. And it's the only spotted calf we've had so far.

Simi coming out. Its cross bred so wouldn't worry to much

JHH":3663c2eh said:
highgrit":3663c2eh said:
mrvictordomino":3663c2eh said:

Simi coming out. Its cross bred so wouldn't worry to much
it takes two animals with spotting gene to produce a spotted calf.

M.Magis":2fwm9nwz said:
Muddy":2fwm9nwz said:
Define "spotted".
Yeah, if spotted means any white, wouldnt that be just about every breed? Even our pure blood angus cant take the spots off a longhorn, but then again, some angus can have white on their udders so does that mean they are spotted?

cowgirl8":2l4utj8h said:
M.Magis":2l4utj8h said:
Muddy":2l4utj8h said:
Define "spotted".
Yeah, if spotted means any white, wouldnt that be just about every breed? Even our pure blood angus cant take the spots off a longhorn, but then again, some angus can have white on their udders so does that mean they are spotted?
Longhorn chrome is completely different gene, Linda.