The next generation......

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
A very self-important college freshman was attending a recent football game. He took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.
"You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one," the student said, loud enough for many of those nearby to hear.
"The young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon, our
spaceships have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light-speed processing, and....," pausing to take another drink of beer.
The senior took advantage of the break in the student's litany and said, "You're right, son. We didn't have those things when we were young........so we invented them. Now, you arrogant little sh@thead, what are you doing for the next generation?"
The applause was deafening.

Not to hijack....but I didn't think that was at all funny..... :(

It disgusts me that older citzens, my grandparents included, have such a chip on their shoulders.

*Cowgirl*":12ikyfke said:
It disgusts me that older citzens, my grandparents included, have such a chip on their shoulders.
Now that is funny. We get the same thing he posted again.

Wewild":326neom2 said:
*Cowgirl*":326neom2 said:
Now that is funny. We get the same thing hill's posted again.

Whatever. You all are under the impression that all young people are ignorant, spoiled, apathetic, losers. This is not so. I wish people would actual interact with young people before making stereotypical judgements about an entire generation.

For example - I could say that your generation is a bunch of old hippies, but I don't believe that because I've taken the time to get to know people of that generation.

*Cowgirl*":e6era3yy said:
Not to hijack....but I didn't think that was at all funny..... :(

It disgusts me that older citizens, my grandparents included, have such a chip on their shoulders.

I don't know what to tell you, but I LMFAO..........

Also I have never encountered that
chip on their shoulders
from any of my elders in fact my mother who is in her seventy's is my best friend whom I entrust everything with. Also my very good friends parents are both brilliant and the sweetest kindest people you could ever meet and I truly appreciate everything they do and teach me, from everything in life to raising animals.

Give it a few years and you will find the gap between yourself and your grandparents will become minuscule ,hopefully you get the chance to have a relationship with them like I did with my own grandmother who lived to be 95, God bless her may she rest in peace.

Cowgirl I also should add that some people no matter what age they are , are just @ss wholes ( and yes i do know it's spelled differently) so age gaps really do not have anything to do with It.

So that might have been the case with some of the "elders" that you have met.

*Cowgirl*":wh066agn said:
For example - I could say that your generation is a bunch of old hippies, but I don't believe that because I've taken the time to get to know people of that generation.

I never cared much for hippies. My cousin was one. i'm glad you seem to reach out to other generations.

Maybe you will with your granddfolks before they are gone.

Honestly, my grandparents are completely apathetic towards myself and my siblings. We see them twice a year and they are very into themselves when they are here. They honestly just don't care. This "joke" reminded me of them immensely.

I know older folks aren't all like this, but it really irks me when people stereotype my generation.

Hills ILMFAO too. Sounds just like my Grandmother. I call her once a week. Only grandkid to do so I might add. She turns 90 in June, so she can say whatever she wants to say.

Cowgirl too bad your grandparents are like my parents. They treat my kids the same way.
Chin up girl you are a better person then them and be proud of that fact.

Latest posts