The Next Ford Super Duty

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
Ford finally revealed the 2005 Super Duty, which i think looks really good. here is a small list of upgraded features.

Integrated Trailer Brak Controller
New Tow/Haul Technology
Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors (Mirrors will extend for better visibility. Standard with power heated glass, plus integrated lamps and turn signals)
New Front End Design
New Bolder Wheels
New Exterior Badges

time to scrap the dodges everyone, theres a new boss on the road. heres a truck that will teach you the meaning of TOUGH.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/2005superdu ... asp?bhcp=1

My the time they're old enough that I can afford one I'll be too old to need one

dun

TxCoUnTrYbOy":jxuxuycf said:
Ford finally revealed the 2005 Super Duty, which i think looks really good. here is a small list of upgraded features.

Integrated Trailer Brak Controller
New Tow/Haul Technology
Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors (Mirrors will extend for better visibility. Standard with power heated glass, plus integrated lamps and turn signals)
New Front End Design
New Bolder Wheels
New Exterior Badges

time to scrap the dodges everyone, theres a new boss on the road. heres a truck that will teach you the meaning of TOUGH.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/2005superdu ... asp?bhcp=1

I have a new dream truck! By the time I can afford it we'll be driving hover crafts though. That is sure one sharp looking truck.

Can't tell a book by its cover :dunce: . Good friend has the 2004 with the new diesel engine, he can not pass a gas station without filling up. I think he said 9 miles per gallon empty. I love my 2003 Cummins powered Ram. Go Ram :heart:

I know what you mean by that Billy, as last yr one of the guys who works for me bought one of those V-16 or what ever they are. He said he got about 10 MPG! He traded it in for a F-250 and gets about 15 now, and he thinks he is in heaven compared to the other truck!

the V-10s are the problem. that is why they dont make those anymore. if hes gettin 9 mpg with a new truck, tell him to take it in and get it checked, there is something wrong. there have been quite a few problems with the powerstrokes, but the rest are flawless. my friends dad has an 04 F-350 FX4 PowerStroke SRW with a 6" lift and big tires on it and still gets 15 mpg in the city.

but tell him to get it checked. since its an 04, it should still be under warranty so it wont cost anything. id never drive a dodge, unless it was free. dodge are a bunch of liars and cheats. HEMI is a ripoff, does nothing extra. Cummins is the only thing that makes dodge decent. word on the street is, ford may be ditching powerstroke and getting a new diesel engine. they have been looking at John Deere, CAT, or Cummins. i wanna get a big bright green truck ;)

TxCoUnTrYbOy":8dbp01t8 said:
the V-10s are the problem. that is why they dont make those anymore. if hes gettin 9 mpg with a new truck, tell him to take it in and get it checked, there is something wrong. there have been quite a few problems with the powerstrokes, but the rest are flawless. my friends dad has an 04 F-350 FX4 PowerStroke SRW with a 6" lift and big tires on it and still gets 15 mpg in the city.

but tell him to get it checked. since its an 04, it should still be under warranty so it wont cost anything. id never drive a dodge, unless it was free. dodge are a bunch of liars and cheats. HEMI is a ripoff, does nothing extra. Cummins is the only thing that makes dodge decent. word on the street is, ford may be ditching powerstroke and getting a new diesel engine. they have been looking at John Deere, CAT, or Cummins. i wanna get a big bright green truck ;)

well i have to ask ... :? if ford is so great why are they ditching the powerstroke? my dodge will get 20-22 mpg empty

because they know there is a lot of problems with the powerstroke, and Detroit Diesel (powerstroke supplier) hasnt fixed any of them. Detroit Diesel is owned by Chrysler, so that may be a bad thing buying products from their competitors. powerstroke will still do more work and outhaul any of the competition but there is just too many problems that arent being fixed. that would be like dodge having a potentially bad driveshaft, that some people will have luck with and some wont, and dodge not even looking into the problem. if ford made their own diesels, they would have chevy and dodge running for cover, like they are doing with the light duty trucks right now. dodge knows that the public is learning that their HEMI does nothing special. the HEMI in the new trucks means absolutely nothing. the HEMI they mean are the hemispherical valve heads, which most cars have been made with for 30+ years. so by their definition, my dads camry has a HEMI, the new F-150s have a HEMI, everything does.

I know that Detroit Diesel has many branches, but the company is for sale and the local plant closed it's doors a month or so ago.

dun

TxCoUnTrYbOy":ite8apu9 said:
because they know there is a lot of problems with the powerstroke, and Detroit Diesel (powerstroke supplier) hasnt fixed any of them. Detroit Diesel is owned by Chrysler, so that may be a bad thing buying products from their competitors. powerstroke will still do more work and outhaul any of the competition but there is just too many problems that arent being fixed. that would be like dodge having a potentially bad driveshaft, that some people will have luck with and some wont, and dodge not even looking into the problem. if ford made their own diesels, they would have chevy and dodge running for cover, like they are doing with the light duty trucks right now. dodge knows that the public is learning that their HEMI does nothing special. the HEMI in the new trucks means absolutely nothing. the HEMI they mean are the hemispherical valve heads, which most cars have been made with for 30+ years. so by their definition, my dads camry has a HEMI, the new F-150s have a HEMI, everything does.

The problem with the Dodge's is not the engine, it is the rest of the truck. Dodge's are notorious for transmission and differential problems. Also when you hit 150,000 miles, you better take duct tape and super glue with you on every trip. I've got a good friend who has a Dodge with 250,000 miles and has been through 3 transmissions and 1 differential and is constantly putting the interior parts back in place. Right side door doesn't shut without lifting it also. Also I can out pull that truck any day of the week. With similar loads, we can hit a hill in Oklahoma (they aren't very big there) and I can beat them to the top by a mile.

I also have another friend who has always had Fords but bought a new Dodge 2 months ago because the Ford was too expensive. Dodge replaced his first truck because it left him stranded in New Mexico in the desert with only 1,500 miles on it. The transmission went out. His second truck also has transmission issues.

While my Ford may get poorer mileage, it has never left me stranded due to issues like this. I once got stranded at a hotel in California because my batteries were old and dead. I would never give up my Ford for a Dodge.

i wasnt saying dodge has bad engines, im saying the HEMI is not near what they advertise it for. my buddy has a dodge with about 80k miles on it and he just got it back from the shop. 2nd transmission went out. on his 3rd transmission at 80k miles? something really wrong there. im not saying dodge is the only one with problems like that. chevy has a lot of problems with fuel pumps. my bro has his 98 chevy in for a fuel pump right now, and it costs $800 to replace. all this damn computerized **** makes it so expensive. over $500 just for the part. apparently in GM trucks the fuel pump is part of a big unit that controls the gas guage, fuel pump, and everything related to the fuel. they just go out all the sudden. we were comin back from the farm and the truck started jerking and died. had to push it out of a busy intersection and get it towed. 75k miles is normal for the pump to last. 2nd pump hes had to put in it. what im gettin at is everything has its flaws. ford just doesnt have the flaws that will get you stuck somewhere. quality doesnt come free. the extra price you pay is for gas, which is better than paying for a new transmission every year

actually, this is pretty embarassing, my dad wants to buy a Tacoma..... he says he wants the better MPG in a mini truck like that. he wants it so he can haul my bull around to shows. i asked him how something like that is gonna pull a trailer and a 2000 pound bull. his response was "it will be a little sluggish, but it will do the job". now im trying to find the exact towing weight it can haul. id even rather him get a dodge instead of a toyota truck.

you guys are spoiled! I thought I was in heaven when the old man put a 327 in the big truck(18' grain bed with fold up racks) todays rigs are ALL so much better it doesn't matter which one! I do have a problem with the new mirrors though. Sooner or later I WILL peel a mirror off. Red's glass will replace my eyemount for $7 if I still have the gasket. Have you priced one of those fancy new ones with all those bells and whistles?

yep, i have. for a 2003 F-150 drivers side tow mirror, not heated, with signal built in, and power adjust, it is quite a lot of money. try $158.95 for just the mirror.

Latest posts