The new saloon

Help Support CattleToday:

Fly-guy

Reaction score
The Church and the Saloon.

In a small mid-western conservative town, a saloon owner started construction on a new building to open up his business. The local Baptist church started a campaign to block the saloon from opening with petitions and prayers. Work progressed right up till the week before the opening when a lightning strike hit the saloon and it burned to the ground.

The church folks were rejoicing after that, till the saloon owner sued the church on the grounds that the church was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building.

The church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the buildings demise in its reply to the court.

As the case made its way into court, the judge looked over the paperwork at the hearing and commented, I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but as it appears from the paperwork, we have a saloon owner that completely believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that doesn't.

Fly-guy":3uwqwllw said:
The Church and the Saloon.

In a small mid-western conservative town, a saloon owner started construction on a new building to open up his business. The local Baptist church started a campaign to block the saloon from opening with petitions and prayers. Work progressed right up till the week before the opening when a lightning strike hit the saloon and it burned to the ground.

The church folks were rejoicing after that, till the saloon owner sued the church on the grounds that the church was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building.

The church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the buildings demise in its reply to the court.

As the case made its way into court, the judge looked over the paperwork at the hearing and commented, I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but as it appears from the paperwork, we have a saloon owner that completely believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that doesn't.

Good one!!!

Alice

Latest posts