The New Food Pyramid

Help Support CattleToday:

M Gravlee

Reaction score
pyramid.jpg

The Atkins Pyramid sure is different from the USDA version. I've lost over 30 pounds over the last 6 months. My wife has been on Atkins for several years. Only diet I've ever tried that you don't stay hungry all the time. Our cholestrol (which has never been a problem) is lower than ever, blood sugar is good and we feel the best we have in years. It doesn't work for everybody, but it works for us!

And it's been great for the beef industry! :D

This just goes to show you how much of our tax money used for RESEARCH is wasted.
Do Just the Opposite of what the scientists say to do and we would probaly be better off and healthier.

la4angus":3ha76ap4 said:
This just goes to show you how much of our tax money used for RESEARCH is wasted.
Do Just the Opposite of what the scientists say to do and we would probaly be better off and healthier.

Or just do what you want and live with consequences.
My food pyramid is pretty much meat, eggs, taters, beans, Coke and 3 packs a day.
WFM

dun

That's great about you and your wife's results, Macon. Congratulations! The ingredient most people leave out is the self-discipline to stick with it like y'all have.

And you, too, Dun. Just three packs a day? How do you do it?

Texan":2qjwkbml said:
That's great about you and your wife's results, Macon. Congratulations! The ingredient most people leave out is the self-discipline to stick with it like y'all have.

In 89 I was burning up 5 packs a day. Quit the store boughts and started rolling my own and am now smoking 8 to 10 cigs. a day. I feel a whole lot better and hardly ever cough.

Texan":2wsgo3w4 said:

Restraint!
Of course what I didn't mention before is that 5-6 years ago I had my heart replumbed. Bottom half of my heart is dead and I still get more done and have more energy then folks with a 100% functioning one. So I'm not really a heartless b.....rd, just seem like one.

dun

It's amazing:
It seems that we spend the fiirst forty years of our life trying to kill ourselves; then spend the rest of our lives trying to reverse the damage that we have done to our body so that we can live to a ripe old age.

la4angus":3td3wavu said:
It's amazing:
It seems that we spend the fiirst forty years of our life trying to kill ourselves; then spend the rest of our lives trying to reverse the damage that we have done to our body so that we can live to a ripe old age.

It's trite but true. If I would have known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself when I was young.

dun

Latest posts