THE NEW COUNTRY MUSIC LIVES!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

My better judgement tells me to NOT voice my opinion on this, as regarding country(?) music.

So, I won't. :tiphat:

But, honestly, I only made it through the first 20% or so of the video..............

I feel dirty and ashamed just for listening to about 15 seconds of it

:cry2: :frowns: :(

I thought it was kind of neat. Not something that would go on my Ipod but interesting none the less and I think the kid performed well. By the way I don't watch the show. I think the whole hoopla over it is nuts. Funny thing though, and if you watch it again I think you'd agree. After the first few bars I thought hey. Ring of Fire sung in the song styling of Nancy Sinatra.

Interesting reference to the band Nine Inch Nails. Look up their song titled " HURT " and give it a listen. I don't know if there's a video or not. Now look up the remake by Johnny Cash. ( there is video ) The original is kinda hard to take but the video of Johnny doing it is one of my favourites.

I could not get it to load. Maybe a good thing.

There is and has been, a lot of stuff that calls itself country music that clearly is not. I am thinking of a lot of the stuff out of Nashville in the seventies.

I will stick to Texas music, myself. And even some of those guys have sold out. Pat Green, for one. Yuck. Kevin Fowler is slipping in that direction. Best Mistake I Ever Made is clearly a commercial effort, far far away from Don't Touch My Willie.

Train":f53ms405 said:
I thought it was kind of neat. Not something that would go on my Ipod but interesting none the less and I think the kid performed well. By the way I don't watch the show. I think the whole hoopla over it is nuts. Funny thing though, and if you watch it again I think you'd agree. After the first few bars I thought hey. Ring of Fire sung in the song styling of Nancy Sinatra.

Interesting reference to the band Nine Inch Nails. Look up their song titled " HURT " and give it a listen. I don't know if there's a video or not. Now look up the remake by Johnny Cash. ( there is video ) The original is kinda hard to take but the video of Johnny doing it is one of my favourites.
frank sinatra was good at what he does and his style of music....george strait liked him as well but they didnt hit it off as good as he hoped

YUCK! That is an insult to all the years I listened to Johnny Cash sing that song. I didn't even make it half way.
Did love the look on Randy Travis's face when that kid sang a bit of it for him.

I luv herfrds":3m2iyk08 said:
YUCK! That is an insult to all the years I listened to Johnny Cash sing that song. I didn't even make it half way.
Did love the look on Randy Travis's face when that kid sang a bit of it for him.
i fast fowarded to the end................hats off to simon, apparently randy travis didnt aggree with him though. he say it was rubbish :p

you have to hand it to the kid...............he gave it a shot, and did good.
Mr. Cash was sort of a rebble himself, maybe he would have got a kick out of it :shock:

show steer up":3rr0qj6h said:
you have to hand it to the kid...............he gave it a shot, and did good.
Mr. Cash was sort of a rebble himself, maybe he would have got a kick out of it :shock:
come on..where im from they would be draggin' the river for that boy.. one of these day you women will be wonderin' where have the men gone but johnny did play in prisons that kid might do good there :lol:

What they didn't show was Roseanne Cash kicking his emo butt when he walked off stage! I've been disgusted with what country music has become for a very long time. I don't want to take away from the vocal skills of the singers, but none of them have the credibility that Johnny Cash, George Jones, and the older generations had. These teenaged girls singing about heartache, when the harshest thing they've had to endure was the neighbor kid stealing their "my little pony" toy?!

I'm going to stop there because I have too get back at it. So much for my dinner break, emo boy ruined my appetite!

Latest posts