the new 2014

Help Support CattleToday:

Was at the dealer's today. Salesman was talking about that.
The truck sitting in the showroom listed at 51,000. It was sharp. I was careful not to get too close.

fitz

hooknline":4u9q8owl said:
ALACOWMAN":4u9q8owl said:
chevy truck. GM recommends 0 w-20 synthetic oil.. just wonder how it will hold up here in the south. when you can overheat one setting at a drive through..http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/Mot ... 0W-20.aspx
Could be a function of increased tolerances and less shear of the new oils. Same idea behind extended oil intervals
I think you mean decreased tolerances. Ford has been running 5W-20 for several years.

I read some where that the comanies are recomending that oil because they can increase the mpg by a mile or two. I cant remember where i saw it at.

Craig Miller":4veq5cxx said:
I read some where that the comanies are recomending that oil because they can increase the mpg by a mile or two. I cant remember where i saw it at.
their all in bed together, $441.00 at 150k miles aint much savings. for a $50.000 truck .. we've got 07 trucks using oil at 50k

I agree with ya on that. I dont give a dang what fuel mileage i get. I will drive what i want if it gets 8 mpg. The story was they could overcome the decrease in mpg from all the emissions crap by lowering the oil weight and be able to meet their govment mpg standards with out doing any real work to improve mpg.

Latest posts