The NCBA convention in Nashville.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
Is anyone planning on attending? I was really looking forward to to going till the boss started shopping for our passes and hotel room. $675.00 for a reserved 3 day pass, plus our room and board...each. The NCBA website says to book early and save? I think I'll go Thursday or Friday to the trade show for a $100.00 head each and call it good.
I assume NCBA is apparently doing well for some sectors of the cattle business. But NCBA sure doesn't cater to the guy with a 100 head operation, that's struggling to make ends meet.

I could get there in an hour, but I hate to pay what they ask for a pass. I've always wanted to go though.

Bigfoot":3aa764l9 said:
I could get there in an hour, but I hate to pay what they ask for a pass. I've always wanted to go though.

I always wanted to go myself and this might be my last chance. So I'm biting the bullet. Hopefully the trade show will be worth the price of admission.

I will be there this year. You are right it is very expensive to attend... luckily I do enough business with some of the vendors that will be exhibiting there that they have offered me passes to the event. Like Bigfoot, I am only about an hour away from Nashville.

TN Cattle Man":1oo17aeb said:
I will be there this year. You are right it is very expensive to attend... luckily I do enough business with some of the vendors that will be exhibiting there that they have offered me passes to the event. Like Bigfoot, I am only about an hour away from Nashville.

Passes, that's plural, you're one person, you have my private contact info. :D

I'm 20 minutes from downtown.

I went last time it was here only the trade show. It was worth every penny to go, at that time I think it was 60 not sure, but I left with 250 worth of different things. And got to see alot of different stuff. I'll be going again.

bse":2ps4kbyn said:
I went last time it was here only the trade show. It was worth every penny to go, at that time I think it was 60 not sure, but I left with 250 worth of different things. And got to see alot of different stuff. I'll be going again.

Thanks BSE, that right there was what I was hoping to read.

If your talking about the NAILE there's no comparison, you can spend the day looking at the ncba trade show. There will be anything and everything cattle. I've never been to the machinery show in Louisville so can't say if that's the one your speaking of.

I had no idea it cost to get in much less that much. I had a rep try and get me to go a year or two ago and I couldn't.
I might see if he has extra passes this time. I bet he does. Otherwise I for sure won't be there.

bse":21xkv6oj said:
If your talking about the NAILE there's no comparison, you can spend the day looking at the ncba trade show. There will be anything and everything cattle. I've never been to the machinery show in Louisville so can't say if that's the one your speaking of.
I was thinking of both the cattle and machinery shows in Louisville. If you have never been to the machinery show you should plan on it this winter. Nobody can explain how big it is.

I hate to pay for anything that should be free. That comment was about the strip club, not the trade show :)

Latest posts