The Most Beautiful Fall

Help Support CattleToday:

creekdrive

Reaction score
This fall has been the most beautiful I can remember! The colors in the landscape are really lovely this year. Often we get a hard frost and a few days later a wind comes along and blows all the leaves off the trees - not this year though! The colors are amazing & the grass is still green, which almost never happens this time of year...

Thought I would share a few pictures from my area - would love to see some other peoples fall landscapes if anyone has any pictures to share!

IMG_1464sm_zpscrqrqrkl.jpg

IMG_1443sm_zpshwuca42w.jpg

IMG_1413sm_zpsk3wkjrmo.jpg

IMG_1421sm_zpshmbznear.jpg

IMG_1351sm_zpsapfjc1p8.jpg

the cranes are on their way back through

IMG_1164sm-4_zpsjhsbqlzh.jpg

IMG_1212sm_zpsknjfii2q.jpg

IMG_1201sm_zps9pdxmkhb.jpg

IMG_1220sm_zpsbwcy3xre.jpg

IMG_1200sm_zpsblojvphx.jpg

IMG_1149sm_zpsyqcxl2tx.jpg

IMG_1155sm_zpszhq0clil.jpg

IMG_0896sm_zpstb0mdid8.jpg

732A3852-0FBE-412C-B92D-281F7BC1CDF8_zpsvit1ghhc.jpg

cell phone pic while I was putting a bull back where he belonged...

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.

The colors are just at the very beginning where I am. Starting to get the yellows and some reds. Leaves are beginning to drop. Still lots of green.

I gotta take some pictures soon.. Zumak bushes are turning fire red, aspens are still green, Ash and elm trees are yellow.
Nice pictures :)

HDRider":3f13dzvr said:
Them cows and purple sunset was great, they were all great..

That one is my favorite as well. All beautiful pics. My favorite time of year no doubt.

Deepsouth":2ee0lhnu said:
Thank you for sharing creekdrive.
We don't get much fall color here and I always love seeing pictures of other places that do.

You don't get much of the winter color either!

Thanks everyone!

Nesikep":1a35k0gf said:
Deepsouth":1a35k0gf said:
Thank you for sharing creekdrive.
We don't get much fall color here and I always love seeing pictures of other places that do.

You don't get much of the winter color either!

:lol: This made me laugh! We usually do not get much for fall color here either - some yellows/orange, the odd red bush and then they all fall off within a week it seems. I was looking through my pictures from last year and the leaves were already half fallen off by the 21st of September and the grass was mostly brown. This year has definitely been an exception.

Thanks again for all the lovely comments! Can't wait to see some photos from other places as fall gets to you :)

CD, awesome pics! I've spent a couple of weeks each summer hiking in Alberta (and a bit in BC) for most of the past 15 years now. Have always wanted to go back just a couple of weeks later than we usually go, to see the leaves turn. Are the bright yellow ones larch?

Creekdrive, that's what happened here this year. I said I ought to get some pictures right? well the next day we had 60MPH winds, driving rain, and all sorts of ugliness, the Zumak bushes lost enough of their leaves they really just don't look as nice anymore.. the aspens are turning yellow now, they're always really nice

boondocks":2g2vkqxg said:
CD, awesome pics! I've spent a couple of weeks each summer hiking in Alberta (and a bit in BC) for most of the past 15 years now. Have always wanted to go back just a couple of weeks later than we usually go, to see the leaves turn. Are the bright yellow ones larch?

All the trees in these pictures are just poplar. There is not much for variety on this side of the province haha. Poplars & willows around the sloughs is about it (other than what people have planted). To see larch you would have to go a lot farther west than we are. A couple years ago we went to Fairmont to visit grandparents about the 3rd week of October. Fall was at least a full month behind for them. The mountains made a beautiful backdrop for the fall colors - definitely worth seeing!

Nesi that's too bad that the wind came up and blew everything away! I'm sure it's still lovely though and there's always next year ;-)