The mnmt Onion Burger

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
I reckon You All have your own version.
Good way to use deer burger too. lean burger works best.
1 pound burger
1 good size onion cut kinda fine.
couple eggs
half a cup or so of crushed fine crackers or bread.
Mix up good with your hands. [If you been out delivering calves or something, maybe wash up a bit] :???:
Make paddies, dust in flour, and fry it HOT in oil, should be browned nicely. :D
Slap it on a bun or bread [buttered] and add mustard. darngood! :nod:

This kinda cracks me up. There have been times that I have needed to make 1 lb of hamburger feed all and I have mixed in about equal amounts of oatmeal. :help: I do like the "wash your hands first" advice ~ thats a new twist on an old favorite! :lol2: Been a long time ~ thanks for a quick, easy supper idea! :clap:

mnmtranching":2i6nz47t said:
I reckon You All have your own version.
Good way to use deer burger too. lean burger works best.
1 pound burger
1 good size onion cut kinda fine.
couple eggs
half a cup or so of crushed fine crackers or bread.
Mix up good with your hands. [If you been out delivering calves or something, maybe wash up a bit] :???:
Make paddies, dust in flour, and fry it HOT in oil, should be browned nicely. :D
Slap it on a bun or bread [buttered] and add mustard. darngood! :nod:

That recipe brings back memories! My mother would mix it up just that way using cheap hamburger meat to stretch it. As kids, we didn't know any differnce because it was good!!!!

I do much the same, with a couple of differences:

I saute the onions in butter before mixing in with the hamburger. Also use bread crumbs instead of crackers, and add a little milk to it. That helps keep the burgers moist.

Jogeephus":2v3zuyyf said:
Why the eggs?

We do it to use up eggs. ;-) With the crumbs and onions and stuff you need a little more moisture. could use milk or cream I reckon.

OH YEAH, eggs do make it glob together nicely.

Latest posts