jersey lilly

Reaction score
I had a WONDERFUL day!!!!!

2006-04-10-007.jpg

Just gettin started when I pulled up.

2006-04-10-009.jpg

Walkin and doin circles.

2006-04-10-010.jpg

Lay down, get up, lay back down. I see one foot.

2006-04-10-014.jpg

Crossed the slough, I see two feet!!

2006-04-10-016.jpg

there's a head.....

2006-04-10-017.jpg

Here we go

2006-04-10-019.jpg

Almost there

2006-04-10-025.jpg

Whewww.....made it

2006-04-10-026.jpg

First bath

2006-04-10-033.jpg

Uhg....I just got here mom, I can't be that dirty.

2006-04-10-041.jpg

Taste Test.

2006-04-10-038.jpg

First Nap

Excellent pictures, Lily. I always feel bad for those calves that are born only to land on their heads. :lol: :lol:

Great shots!! What breed is the sire - I notice solid red legs.
I'm SOOOOO jeolous of all you out there that have GRASS. Mine is starting to grow now. Will probably be able to get out of mud lots in about 2 weeks (hoping!!!)

Great pics! Of all the calves I seen make their entrance, I've yet to see one of ours calve without laying down. I'm sure we've had some dropped from a standing position, just haven't got to see it yet.

Now you just have to watch those buzzards right Jeanne I am jealous about the greenery there too we have about two weeks here as well

Great pics. No matter how many times you see it, watching a calf come into this world is always an amazing sight to see.

This past sunday, at a show in Rockdale, a cow I sold last summer had her first calf. Gorgeous red and white spotted heifer. From the first sign of the front feet to the completely out of mom, birth took all of 10 minutes. Just slid right out. Mom had calf up, clean and sucking within about 30 min. post birth, and about 3 1/2 to 4 hours later she won Reserve Grand Champion Non-Haltered Female in the show. Eventhough I don't own her anymore it still made me pretty happy.

Just thought I'd share with ya'll.

Ryan

We have a few herefords, but mostly black Brangus cows. The sire is a black Brangus also. I like my brangus a whole lot better than the herefords. But they do their jobs well, so they'll get to stay until they no longer do.

I'm really surprized at the color of the calf Jersey, we are running a black brangus on herefords and every single calf has been jet black w/ white markings on their face. Interesting.

~

What a GREAT series of photos~!!

Mom and calf look fabulous.

I wish I had some of that grass.
The last of the glaciers are finally melting here.

Thank you for sharing the special event.

Latest posts