The middle East is about to implode.....

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iran-holds-military-drills-near-turkey-tells-it-to-stop-syria-attack-as-russia-accuses-us-of-dangerous-game/ar-AAIvLSV?li=BBnb7Kz

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced Wednesday that Turkey's military has launched a long-expected offensive into northeastern Syria targeting U.S.-allied Syrian Kurdish fighters who have played a central role in battling the Islamic State militant group.

Iran launched unannounced drills Wednesday near its border with Turkey as the Islamic Republic warned its neighbor not to move forward with its military operation in northern Syria and Russia criticized the United States for setting up a potentially deadly scenario in the region.

$

It's mostly the timing ..we want out of a war that's been going on for thousands of years,and can not be settled...as soon as we start too pull out.they Make another move to keep us in the game..we're pretty much trying too keep peace ,where there never will be..at the expense of American soldiers

Listened to Trump today and it was basically the Turks are our allies, the US and the Kurds were joined up as a mutual benefit against ISIS and we've been there way too long.

From what I have read we had 50 troops in that area and it was either get them out of harms way or face the wrath, as Turkey said it was inevitable they were invading. I guess now we will see how far the Turks go.

sstterry said:
And this is how we treat our allies the Kurds? We left them to be slaughtered along with their Christian counterparts in the region.

We should go in fight win and come home! BS on being the worlds police force. A lot of this crap would end if we went in to win it every time .

Live and worked in Middle East for 15 years ( still have children and grandchildren working there) they have been fighting for centuries and will continue to do no matter what the United States of America does so let them do their so called religious thing. The USA needs to take care of our own problems first and stop all the violence for our innocent children whom can not defend themselves....our own county is in bad shape America: wake up

f1tiger said:
Live and worked in Middle East for 15 years ( still have children and grandchildren working there) they have been fighting for centuries and will continue to do no matter what the United States of America does so let them do their so called religious thing. The USA needs to take care of our own problems first and stop all the violence for our innocent children whom can not defend themselves....our own county is in bad shape America: wake up

You're not wrong, we employed a group from one of those countries and they ended up having their own little knife war on our property. Had to get rid of them. When i asked one what it was about, he said, "such and such is from our country but was born in the country next door and they have small brains. He started thinking he was better than us blah blah blah." I suddenly realised their wars are never going to end.

This latest situation is unusual though, there must be more going on here. The worry is that they start another genocidal situation, turns into all out war and your next president has an itchy finger and all of a sudden there is a major war happening.

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
And this is how we treat our allies the Kurds? We left them to be slaughtered along with their Christian counterparts in the region.

We should go in fight win and come home! BS on being the worlds police force. A lot of this crap would end if we went in to win it every time .

I don't disagree with you, but to simply abandon an ally that has fought side by side with us since the 1970's is just wrong. This is not a political issue, this is a moral one. You notice both sides of the aisle a are upset about this stupid move.

sstterry said:
Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

I don't disagree with you, but to simply abandon an ally that has fought side by side with us since the 1970's is just wrong. This is not a political issue, this is a moral one. You notice both sides of the aisle a are upset about this stupid move.
We should have never been there in the first place.
Both sides of the aisle are being paid by the military lobbyists.
Ike was right.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisenhower's_farewell_address

Go look at a map of Kurdistan this is a bunch of noise by the war machine.
Which ones are our allies the Turkish Kurds, the Iranians, Iraqis or the Syrian?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdistan#/media/File%3AKurdish-inhabited_area_by_CIA_(1992)_box_inset_removed.jpg

The question is how far will the Turks go as the lay of the land being mostly flat in Northern Syria the Kurds are at a disadvantage in a straight up fight. If the Turks continue to invade further the Kurds will gain some advantages and others countries may step in. Those countries need a buffer zone between them and hopefully that is as far as the Turks will take it.

sstterry said:
Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/311d3e59-5396-4c55-bd10-437c3cba74ef

The enemy of my enemy is my friend..but when I no longer have that enemy, I no longer have a use for the enemy of my previous enemy

The Turks have been 'our friend' only when it was convenient.

The German–Turkish Treaty of Friendship was a non-aggression pact signed between Nazi Germany and Turkey on 18 June 1941 in Ankara It went into effect on the same day.

The pact stipulated that it was to last for ten years, but Turkey severed its diplomatic and commercial relations with Germany in August 1944, after the Soviet Army invaded Bulgaria,and on 23 February 1945 Turkey declared war on Nazi Germany. In October 1941, Turkey and Germany had signed the "Clodius Agreement" (named after the German negotiator, Karl Clodius), whereby Turkey agreed to export up 45,000 tons of chromite ore to Germany in 1941-1942, and 90,000 tons of the mineral in each of 1943 and 1944, contingent on Germany's supplies of military equipment to Turkey. The Germans were to provide as many as 117 railway locomotives and 1,250 freight rail cars to transport the ore.

Of course, by that late date, the war in Europe was all but over and VE Day (Germany's surrender) 8 May '45, less than 3 months after Turkey finally decided it might be better off siding with the allies instead of being 'friends' with Der Fuehrer.
With friends like that who needs......
27 years previous to the German/Turk friendship pact....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqN1glz4JY
The Kurds may not have helped at Normandy (June 6, '44)but obviously, neither did Turkey, as they were still under the umbrella of their friendship pact with the Axis powers..

By the time the Korean War began, Turkey had once again decided to align itself with the UN forces and fought with the US Army's 25th division. They suffered heavy losses but were regarded highly by the Allies.

Turkey btw, refused to allow coalition ground forces to cross it's territory to open a Northern front during the Gulf War with Iraq but could not prevent coalition aviation assets from using the air base at Incirlik in a limited basis.

If Iran and Turkey go to war, it was genius to pull out. Anyone have clarification on the current or historical relationship between the Turks and Persians?

I see us bending to Putin's will far too much for our own good. Lots of weird things at play here. Impulsiveness is not the way to handle the Middle East.

Little Cow said:
I see us bending to Putin's will far too much for our own good. Lots of weird things at play here. Impulsiveness is not the way to handle the Middle East.

Don't start with stupid cow poop. I am listening to people that know more than I do or ever will. Ask Putin how he likes the hardest sanctions ever on Russia or how he feels about the arms including "tank busters" we gave Ukraine.

Latest posts