The Main Herd

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
And here are some photos of the more mature girls. First a group shot.
xy_DSC01993.jpg

A rear end shot. The 2 spotted ones are mom and daughter
xy_DSC01986.jpg

#167 and #169. Bought them as part of a package of replacement heifers. Both 2nd calvers now.
xy_DSC01991.jpg

xy_DSC01971.jpg

#120, a 3rd calver we raised. Hereford x Angus
xy_DSC01985.jpg

#109, older cow
xy_DSC01966.jpg

#34, 4th calver, we raised. Angus x Gelbveih and a little hereford.
xy_DSC01974.jpg

#173 a Purebred Shorthorn we bought in Dec.
xy_DSC01976.jpg

#115, #123 and #110, Purebred Shorthorns we bought in Dec. Mother and 2 daughters.
xy_DSC01975.jpg

xy_DSC01964.jpg

xy_DSC01970.jpg

#22, 3rd calver (well 4th, she had twin heifers last year) Shorthorn x Angus
xy_DSC01981.jpg

#27, cow we bought last year. Angus x
xy_DSC01977.jpg
#105, cow we bought this past fall. She's Shorthorn x Hereford
xy_DSC01945.jpg

#20, 3rd calver, Shorthorn x
xy_DSC01960.jpg

#147, cow we bought last year, Angus x
xy_DSC01961.jpg

#146, second calver we raised. Herefordx
xy_DSC01962.jpg

Hi Randi,

What a nice looking bunch. I particularly like that #120 - looks like my kind of cow. You say she is Hereford x Angus, is that Red Angus?

Thanks for the photos. You are making me anxious to see mine this weekend. I don't think most of yours look particularly shaggy, especially #120, and they seem to be wintering well. When do they calve?

Jim

SRBeef":34err4z7 said:
Hi Randi,

What a nice looking bunch. I particularly like that #120 - looks like my kind of cow. You say she is Hereford x Angus, is that Red Angus?

Thanks for the photos. You are making me anxious to see mine this weekend. I don't think most of yours look particularly shaggy, especially #120, and they seem to be wintering well. When do they calve?

Jim

Thanks, Jim.

Her mama was a black horned cow. Supposed to be Angus, but I think with a bit of Maine or something like that in her. Sire was Hereford.

They start about Mar 6.

MO_cows":16t0888t said:
A good bunch of working girls. I liked 105 the best. 20 doesn't look like she is wintering as well as the others.

Well, 105 is definitely a pretty decent looking cow. We'll have to see if she lives up to her image though :nod:

20 is a bit harder keeper, not terrible, but she could use some weight. So far she is managing in our herd though.

March is not long to go. Randi, we are feeling a change of season this side of the world-when does that snow do its vanishing trick? :???:

alisonb":3hvl0d7y said:
March is not long to go. Randi, we are feeling a change of season this side of the world-when does that snow do its vanishing trick? :???:

We'll lose most of the snow by the end of March. Still run the risk of more snow right through to May. Actually, the only month that we have never had snow is July!! But by mid-late March the weather really starts to warm up.

Latest posts