The last roundup

Help Support CattleToday:

Hereford76

Reaction score
Sadly this ranch (established in 1891) is dispersing because of two untimely deaths within the family. The end of a tradition... I'll miss you guys.

PotterRanch1.jpg

PotterRanch2.jpg

PotterRanch9.jpg

PotterRanch10.jpg

PotterRanch7.jpg

Videos from the day
http://www.ngrbulls.com/Untitled_0012.wmv

http://www.ngrbulls.com/Movie_0001.wmv

so sorry that your having to go through that.its a sad lonely day when the herd has tobe sold because of a death or deaths.i truely do feel for you an your family.

bigbull338":1yj3w9h7 said:
so sorry that your having to go through that.its a sad lonely day when the herd has tobe sold because of a death or deaths.i truely do feel for you an your family.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1yj3w9h7 said:
Sorry to hear that. Good luck in your next life.

sorry for any confusion. this is not our ranch but very close hereford friends. I posted the following on ranchers.net

This place is 12 miles NE of the town of Lewistown. Their family homesteaded that whole area. It was a good sized family and a fair sized operation back in the good old days and over time the family scattered from the ranch and area. I met them when I was quite young and actually sold my first hereford bull to them. I think the fact that they ran straight herefords the entire time says something about them but maybe I can sum up what kind of people they are with the following... I am not a touchy/feely kind of guy. I'm really not a hugging kind of guy to folks other than my wife and kids, but I never left that place without a huge bear hug from the old lady and her daughter, an arm around the shoulder from the old man telling me "we sure like the bulls" and "not to give up", and heart felt handshake from their son. They were the definition of ranchers - every aspect of their life and conversation was evidence of it.

I got the following from the obit section posted on Hereford America

Jacque Arneson

Jacqueline "Jacque" Althea Arneson, 46, died of cancer Saturday, April 4, 2009, at the family ranch near Gilt Edge, MT. Jacque had her mother, Joy, and brother, Jess, by her side. She fought a courageous battle with cancer for four years.
Jacque was born to James and Alice Joy (Poetter) Arneson on Dec. 29, 1962, at St. Joseph's Hospital in Lewistown. In 1981, she graduated from Fergus High School in Lewistown. Jacque's complete life was being involved on the Poetter Ranch where Hereford cattle were raised. Working the cattle was a highlight each day. She was a true cowgirl at heart, assisting Sharon Martin for several years at the Big Sky Central Entry for rodeo contestants as the entry assistant.
Jacque was a member of the Hereford Association, the Montana Stockgrowers, and the Anna Smalley Chapter 112, Order of Eastern Star. She also served as an election judge. Jacque was deeply devoted to her family, especially her brother, Jess.
She is survived by her mother, Joy; her brother, Jess both of the family ranch; several aunts and uncles and a great aunt Pat Davis of California; as well as numerous close friends.
Jacque was preceded in death by her father, Jim in 2007 and her grandparents, George and Alice Poetter and Art and Frances Arneson.
Memorials are suggested to the Grass Range Ambulance or to the charity of the donor's choice.
Condolences may be posted online at http://www.gftribune.com/obituaries.

Latest posts