The King's Daughter - Lisa Marie Presley

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Elvis had 5 million dollars at his death and left it to his father, grandmother and daughter Lisa Marie who was 9.
After their passing the money was put into a trust fund for her to receive on her 25th birthday.

Under her mother Priscilla's guidance the fund had grown to 100 million when she received full custody of it in 1993.
Now 25 years later, it was reported that her trust fund is down to having just $14,000 left in it.
Obviously she's made a lot of poor decisions the last 25 years, (she's currently separated from her 4th husband.)

I can't believe it didn't happen sooner. Also can't believe she made it to 50. Thought for sure she would have committed suicide like her old man.

You can buy a lot of peanut butter and banna sandwiches with that much money.

I thought Elvis had almost no cash on hand at the time of his death.

Aaron":2kwev066 said:
I can't believe it didn't happen sooner. Also can't believe she made it to 50. Thought for sure she would have committed suicide like her old man.
Thought it was an accidental overdose.

At some point Michael Jackson had bought the rights to Elvis's music (I think I remember correctly). The royalties must have been worth a nickel or two.

TexasBred":154x7t66 said:
Aaron":154x7t66 said:

Officially, yes. But in simplistic terms, as soon as you start popping pills and snorting lines, you are committing suicide - the slow version.

Aaron":crk27r5c said:
TexasBred":crk27r5c said:
Aaron":crk27r5c said:

Officially, yes. But in simplistic terms, as soon as you start popping pills and snorting lines, you are committing suicide - the slow version.
I reckon you could say that about anything you use to excess but Elvis pretty much stayed with the prescription stuff.

TexasBred":1bh5girn said:
Aaron":1bh5girn said:
TexasBred":1bh5girn said:

I reckon you could say that about anything you use to excess but Elvis pretty much stayed with the prescription stuff.

The prescription wasn't the problem, not following the guidelines is where the problem is. Same issues as gun control.

True Grit Farms":2x9lat4j said:
TexasBred":2x9lat4j said:
Aaron":2x9lat4j said:

The prescription wasn't the problem, not following the guidelines is where the problem is. Same issues as gun control.
Says the guy who only complies with laws he agrees with. :???:

TexasBred":udkg7s7j said:
True Grit Farms":udkg7s7j said:
TexasBred":udkg7s7j said:

I don't drive the speed limit either, I drive as conditions warrant. Just because it's a law doesn't make it right.

True Grit Farms":1byma91l said:
TexasBred":1byma91l said:
True Grit Farms":1byma91l said:

I don't drive the speed limit either, I drive as conditions warrant. Just because it's a law doesn't make it right.
Oh it's right. You just don't think it applies to you. A highway patrolman conveniently on your a$$ might prove to you that it's right and enforceable.

Years ago, traveling from San Angelo Tx to Cloud Croft/Alamogordo NM, the speed limit right up to the NM border was 70mph. The minute your crossed into NM, it dropped to 55 and stayed there almost all the way into the mountains. You could see 50 miles down the road and very little traffic other than a few vacuum trucks going into Hobbs....and of course, a couple of NM highway patrol. It made no sense to me out on that good straight highway but I stayed at 55 all the way into Cloud Croft.
Coming down the escarpment out of Cloud Croft and seeing the desert and Alamogordo and White Sands spread out in front of you as far as you can see is a sight to behold...

Latest posts