The Killer

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
The guy is still living at age 82. Despite a lifetime of vices and abuse, his constitution has kept him going.

Some of you know of whom I speak. I wonder if he still performs?

Bright Raven":mozn6r1x said:
The guy is still living at age 82. Despite a lifetime of vices and abuse, his constitution has kept him going.

Some of you know of whom I speak. I wonder if he still performs?

Do you mean on stage, or were you wondering about his home life?

Some say he would have been bigger than Elvis until the following:

In 1957, he married for a third time, secretly, to the 13-year-old daughter of his cousin and partner J. W. Brown, 'Myra Gale Brown (I)'. Her parents were deeply hurt when they found out, but after a discussion with Sam Phillips, they forgave Jerry. The marriage was unknown to the press and fans until Jerry's arrival in England for a tour in the spring of 1958. Fans again stormed the stage -- but this time to express their disgust. The marriage was front-page news around the world. His career was in shambles. He had just signed a five-year contract with Sun Records, and he did continue to record songs until 1963. During the last years of the contract, however, he made very few rock songs. Most of his compositions were ballads, possibly due to his depression at the direction his career had taken.

greybeard":3f6bl3cq said:
I saw him "perform" in the mid 70s in Va. One of the most foul mouth acts I ever saw/heard ...live or recorded.

He was known for that. But he does play a mean piano.

I would probably be disappointed , but I would buy tickets to a show , if I had the chance . LUV jerry lee

Bright Raven":2iykjaeu said:
greybeard":2iykjaeu said:
I saw him "perform" in the mid 70s in Va. One of the most foul mouth acts I ever saw/heard ...live or recorded.

He was known for that. But he does play a mean piano.
Lots of people play 'a mean piano' without all that crap. He was just as bad if not worse than some of the rapper stuff i see on youtube occasionally.

I saw him in somewhere between 1969 and 1971, don;t recall exactly. Only thing he did was sing, play piano and put on one helluva show.

dun":9jh1d8ce said:
I saw him in somewhere between 1969 and 1971, don;t recall exactly. Only thing he did was sing, play piano and put on one helluva show.
Same here and just about that long ago at a rodeo. Put on one heck of a good show.

Yep, how many times did Mike Nelson single handedly save us from the Red Menace?
Ironic, since Bridges was blacklisted from Hollywood after admitting he was involved with a group tied in with the Communist Party.

Latest posts