The joy was short-lived

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burden of proof stands with the accuser, and you're not exactly any better about getting all twisted up over stuff yourself.
I just ignore him. This was another case of throwing a rock in the pack and the hit dog howled. 2 of them actually. If he and his kind weren't so pathetic, it would be funny. When I joined 3 years ago, people blew my inbox up about the trolls on here...mostly this one. And you can figure who the others are. I had been reading this forum for a couple of years as a guest, and had already pegged them, though.

When we first rode amongst some cows I was amazed! She took over and I just gave her rein and held on. Just like a border Collie pup, she knew exactly what to do without training.
Yep. You can't train a horse to cut. You couldn't react quick enough to rein them. You just take the reins to show them which one to get, and to pull them off one. It's a feeling like no other, the first time one gets on a cow like that.

I just ignore him. This was another case of throwing a rock in the pack and the hit dog howled. 2 of them actually. If he and his kind weren't so pathetic, it would be funny. When I joined 3 years ago, people blew my inbox up about the trolls on here...mostly this one. And you can figure who the others are. I had been reading this forum for a couple of years as a guest, and had already pegged them, though.
Another case of you talking behind my back instead of directly to me... when awhile back you were name-calling those that do the same thing. You don't get to make up falsehoods and cast aspersions and not be held accountable. If you have a problem, man up and say it to me instead of your sock puppet.

Three years ago? Note my "joined" date.

Last edited:
Another case of you talking behind my back instead of directly to me... when awhile back you were name-calling those that do the same thing. You don't get to make up falsehoods and cast aspersions and not be held accountable. If you have a problem, man up and say it to me instead of your sock puppet.

Three years ago? Note my "joined" date.
Sock puppet? Cute. I'm very real, friend, and hilariously enough at a younger age than you still manage to make less of an ass of myself in most of our encounters. I look left, I look right, and I still can't figure out what the hell I ever did to you other than agree with somebody you don't like from time to time. I even try from time to time to restart the clock and have a normal interaction with you. Twice in the recent memory you've tried to insult me when I did nothing to you. It's the internet, so I don't really care, but that does spring to mind when you try to get on to people for the same thing.

Sock puppet? Cute. I'm very real, friend, and hilariously enough at a younger age than you still manage to make less of an ass of myself in most of our encounters. I look left, I look right, and I still can't figure out what the hell I ever did to you other than agree with somebody you don't like from time to time. I even try from time to time to restart the clock and have a normal interaction with you. Twice in the recent memory you've tried to insult me when I did nothing to you. It's the internet, so I don't really care, but that does spring to mind when you try to get on to people for the same thing.
I just find it very odd that you and Warren spend time on this forum... at the same time. If one of you is posting, so is the other one... and if one of you is not around, neither is the other one. And the way you write has some distinct similarities too. It's especially interesting to see in your "conversations" with each other. The timing of your arrival on the forum was interesting too.

So let's be clear. I don't know you are a sock puppet because I don't have the tech to investigate your IP address... but I'm suspicious. Maybe time will reveal something. In the meantime Warren is out of line and I'll call him on it.

2 roosters fighting. . . . . :)

Is it all about money? Do people weep with broken hearts when their ATV dies? Do people form such links with machines?
Depends on how far from home it or a colt has left me from home. 😂
Seriously, I have owned several good horses in my lifetime, every one of them was put down by me when life became a struggle after a long retirement. My old cutter that was born right here in 1996 is nearing that stage. Every one of them hurt me damn bad when I squeezed the trigger.
Our operation has changed as such I don't have time to saddle a horse very often any more. Has nothing to do with which can do what.

Yep. You can't train a horse to cut. You couldn't react quick enough to rein them. You just take the reins to show them which one to get, and to pull them off one. It's a feeling like no other, the first time one gets on a cow like that.
She actually was a very lazy horse, but she sure perked up around cows.

ATV's and horses are both tools. Some people need one and some the other. Some people don't need either one and some people need both.
I ran a lot of cows for years with neither one. But that was over on the coast in an area with 60 inch rainfall where 80 acre pastures were the big ones. When I got my first quad around 2010 my daughter said just think of how many steps it will save you. I told her, but it is the steps that are saving me.
Now I live in an area with 10-12 inch annual rainfall. Summer pastures are thousands of acres maybe 10's of thousands. I have neighbors who spend 100 days a year sitting in the saddle and not short days. They have a string of 3 or 4 horses because you can't ride the same horse day after day for as many miles as they ride. Some of it is country so tough that they get off and walk. Not because they need to stretch their legs or to give the horse a break. But because if the horse falls off the mountain they don't want to be on it.

I just find it very odd that you and Warren spend time on this forum... at the same time. If one of you is posting, so is the other one... and if one of you is not around, neither is the other one. And the way you write has some distinct similarities too. It's especially interesting to see in your "conversations" with each other. The timing of your arrival on the forum was interesting too.

So let's be clear. I don't know you are a sock puppet because I don't have the tech to investigate your IP address... but I'm suspicious. Maybe time will reveal something. In the meantime Warren is out of line and I'll call him on it.
Let me put your mind at ease. Warren has said he's from Georgia from the start. He's damn proud of it, too. See the following.

1. Well, here's a CDL from Texas and a carry permit from Bama, on paper I have addresses in both states.

2. If you have kids this young and you look this good at 65 (Warren's age, not mine), I guess you done alright.

Attachments

• IMG_20230331_203027~3.jpg
    IMG_20230331_203027~3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • signal-2023-01-13-03-41-26-616.jpg
    signal-2023-01-13-03-41-26-616.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
ATV's and horses are both tools. Some people need one and some the other. Some people don't need either one and some people need both.
I ran a lot of cows for years with neither one. But that was over on the coast in an area with 60 inch rainfall where 80 acre pastures were the big ones. When I got my first quad around 2010 my daughter said just think of how many steps it will save you. I told her, but it is the steps that are saving me.
Now I live in an area with 10-12 inch annual rainfall. Summer pastures are thousands of acres maybe 10's of thousands. I have neighbors who spend 100 days a year sitting in the saddle and not short days. They have a string of 3 or 4 horses because you can't ride the same horse day after day for as many miles as they ride. Some of it is country so tough that they get off and walk. Not because they need to stretch their legs or to give the horse a break. But because if the horse falls off the mountain they don't want to be on it.
I agree. This arguement makes about as much sense as what is better....a dozer or a combine? I have a Bombardier Sonoma.. like a JD Gator only dark green. It is handy to throw a roll of barb wire to go patch a fence...hard to carry a roll on a horse. Used it to go back and forth to the barn when my back was broke. Or ride the grandkids and their gear down to the lake to fish. And I have a Polaris Ranger. I have used it to pull a jon boat down the road to another lake . Even pulled a hay rake with it when a tractor was down. Before those were around, I have had a platform on a 3-point hitch behind a tractor to do the same things with, so they are replaceable. But hell no, you cant sort cows, rope calves etc, with them. There is no replacement for a horse.. ATVs etc, are a nice luxury, but can be done without. There is no substitute for a horse when a horse is needed. Those who don't know this, are ones who can't ride, are scared of horses, or never been on one. Calvary was always superior to infantry. Nothing had more impact on the history of mankind than the horse. Life has always been hard, since the beginning of time. The 2 greatest gifts from God were the horse and the dog.

I just wonder if that truck load of kudzu sprigs was delivered and planted yet.
Well, when we got to Josh's place, I discovered Zeke hadn't tarped his side very good. In about a month, about 280 miles of I-20 right-of-way on the westbound side will be nothing but Kudzu!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts