The joy was short-lived

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Hoss, any "cheap shots" from me are all return fire. All I ever said was this horses vs 4 wheeler debate is foolish. Like I said, I use them too, for hauling fencing materials that would would be hard to fit in a saddle bag, or a few bales of hay that would be hard to carry on a horse with you. etc. And yes, a person could possibly gather up a herd in a large open pasture, move them over against the fence and ease them down a fence line with one. I do call BS on some that said they could cut and sort cattle just as good on one, though. Ain't nobody no where got a 4-wheeler or ATV that manueverable, nor damn sure with the riding skill, to do what your bro-in-law ( or is that you?) in the pic above is doing on that horse.
I did mention in a close place there is no comparison to a good horse for sorting. In a bigger area my quad won't run out of air or legs and I can get the job done as well as anyone with no more fuss.

Probably anything the cake wagon and the siren aren't working on... he follows the motto, "If they won't work the way I want to work 'em, they don't belong in my herd"!

@Brute 23 I know you're joking but almost shot a yearling bull once out of frustration. Had to catch myself, he was about to be a dead mofo in another second or three. My grandfather shot a cow once for being too much. He knocked one out another time, I didn't know you could do that.

@Brute 23 I know you're joking but almost shot a yearling bull once out of frustration. Had to catch myself, he was about to be a dead mofo in another second or three. My grandfather shot a cow once for being too much. He knocked one out another time, I didn't know you could do that.
I am... but I'm not. I will shoot a cow dead in a heart beat. I have done it on multiple occasions. I shot several for my dad that had zero respect for any kind of fence and I shot a bull that went after a guy.

I've knocked one out, too. A cow had me and 2 cousins pinned up on a wood fence, in the pens. She kept hitting the fence with us up on it. There was a piece of pipe on the ground that was used for putting behind them in the chute. I jumped down and grabbed it. When she came again I busted her right across the dome with a full baseball swing. It almost took the pipe out of my hands. She dropped to her belly. We all ran for the other side. I wish I had batting gloves on because the vibration up my arms was bad. She ended up getting back up.

I don't run cows like that any more but my family will get some hot ones every now and then but we have better facilities. They get a one way ticket now, though.

China?...i saw it above..Honda...Japan...should have lasted longer.
If you didnt read the first threads, i bought a new honda and when i had 300 miles on it, the rear end started making noises. Son looked in to see how the oil looked and they never put any in. So it went 300 miles dry. They put oil in, said they do it all the time and dont worry, there is no charge....lol.. it now has 700 miles and its clunking a little more. And, i'm having trouble with the electronics..... bah

If you didnt read the first threads, i bought a new honda and when i had 300 miles on it, the rear end started making noises. Son looked in to see how the oil looked and they never put any in. So it went 300 miles dry. They put oil in, said they do it all the time and dont worry, there is no charge....lol.. it now has 700 miles and its clunking a little more. And, i'm having trouble with the electronics..... bah
lol, they said they go 300 miles w/o any oil won't harm it?..they're lying....it scraps and pitts all the crank-shaft bearing surfaces, All surfaces-ball bearings-piston rings are out of round and will never heal back even close to round. Even if you fix the electronics the engine has been toasted. Electronics won't be hard to diagnose- fix-update...but maybe you can jokey for a new motor under warranty for that lack of oil.

lol, they said they go 300 miles w/o any oil won't harm it?..they're lying....it scraps and pitts all the crank-shaft bearing surfaces, All surfaces-ball bearings-piston rings are out of round and will never heal back even close to round. Even if you fix the electronics the engine has been toasted. Electronics won't be hard to diagnose- fix-update...but maybe you can jokey for a new motor under warranty for that lack of oil.
You better go back and read page one Texas.

Ken

Reactions: mwj
I am... but I'm not. I will shoot a cow dead in a heart beat. I have done it on multiple occasions. I shot several for my dad that had zero respect for any kind of fence and I shot a bull that went after a guy.

I've knocked one out, too. A cow had me and 2 cousins pinned up on a wood fence, in the pens. She kept hitting the fence with us up on it. There was a piece of pipe on the ground that was used for putting behind them in the chute. I jumped down and grabbed it. When she came again I busted her right across the dome with a full baseball swing. It almost took the pipe out of my hands. She dropped to her belly. We all ran for the other side. I wish I had batting gloves on because the vibration up my arms was bad. She ended up getting back up.

I don't run cows like that any more but my family will get some hot ones every now and then but we have better facilities. They get a one way ticket now, though.

I had one that went through a gate, rammed the front bumper on my utv and then went through the side of my barn when I tried loading her. Her last meal was some grain before she died by firing squad.

I think you and LVR both stumble through around 4:20 most days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts