the ioT...internet of things

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
think about all the ings connected to the internet..cars/refrdigerator/security...

The Internet of things would encode 50 to 100 trillion objects, and be able to follow the movement of those objects. Human beings in surveyed urban environments are each surrounded by 1000 to 5000 trackable objects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_of_things

check this out....

It's scary stuff already. I'm not a crazy conspiracy theory guy, but I had a franchise in which we had an advertising company do mailings for us. What they knew about people already was crazy, but what they suspected they'd know about people in 5 years, was actually insane!

there is almost a limitless control of all things around us thru the internet....energy comsumption..gps tracking..spy stuff..its beyond thought to try to explain it...

dieselbeef":3hhsz648 said:
there is almost a limitless control of all things around us thru the internet....energy comsumption..gps tracking..spy stuff..its beyond thought to try to explain it...
Keep'em chasing the worthless stuff and they'll probably walk right past the good stuff.

What IS progress? I think progress is defined by some as nothing more than control of others, every aspect of control.

HDRider":1acofoe8 said:
What IS progress? I think progress is defined by some as nothing more than control of others, every aspect of control.

Some people very much need and like themselves being controlled.
Some others very much need and like being IN control of themselves.
We call that first bunch morons.

Some days I truly wish a big 'ol solar flare would come hurtling out of the sun, and we'd find all the kewl kids curled up on the floor in a fetal position, their thumbs desperately flailing away at a useless keypad, while their frigidare has decided it is prudent for it's compressor to run backwards, turning the back of the box into a big ice cube and the frozen food section into an oven, happily baking all the frozen bagels and popping all the Grands biscuits to brown perfection, while the sewage system pump is pumping 1000 gals of raw sewage back up into their bathrooms and the water heater for unknown reason, thinks it is supposed to be working in Celsius, and their shower is now spitting out super saturated steam.

Progress...

greybeard":3p17tys3 said:
HDRider":3p17tys3 said:

Some days I truly wish a big 'ol solar flare would come hurtling out of the sun, and we'd find all the kewl kids curled up on the floor in a fetal position, their thumbs desperately flailing away at a useless keypad, while their frigidare has decided it is prudent for it's compressor to run backwards, turning the back of the box into a big ice cube and the frozen food section into an oven, happily baking all the frozen bagels and popping all the Grands biscuits to brown perfection, while the sewage system pump is pumping 1000 gals of raw sewage back up into their bathrooms and the water heater for unknown reason, thinks it is supposed to be working in Celsius, and their shower is now spitting out super saturated steam.

Progress...
Dang GB either you have a great imagination or you have given this some thought. Lol. Either way I enjoyed the post. :tiphat: :clap:

greybeard":1h0ieges said:
HDRider":1h0ieges said:

Progress...

We can hope. :lol2:

Latest posts