The halfwit on the farm

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
A man owned a small farm in the south west of WA.

The Department of Consumer & Employment Protection heard that he was not paying proper wages to his employees and sent an agent down to interview him.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent.
"Well," replied the farmer, "there's my farm hand who's been with me for 3 years.

I pay him $400 a week plus free room and board.

The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $450 per week plus free room and board.

Then there's the half-wit who works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here.

He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."

"That's the guy I want to talk to - the half-wit," says the agent.

"That would be me," replied the farmer.

It would be easy to work yourself to death on a farm. I have never worked so hard with so little return. I hear on the news that property values have declined this last year. We just paid our property taxes in Sept for the year and they went up $130. If the property is worth less why the tax increase. We live in the county and use no county services and the local fire department is all volunteer. I still prefer the country to living in town, if town is considered living. Go figure?
Tom.

yep, it's pretty true... and I'm raising my hand, I am a halfwit as well.. but I can't live without the place and my pets

We may be half-wits, but the life is great and the whiskey is good! Sharing the bed on occasion ain't too bad either... :nod:

Latest posts