the GREAT John Wayne!

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":3q3b40jy said:
The only john wayne I'm familiar with is the one for opening cans. Who or waht is a john wayne?

dun
John Wayne never made a bad movie, even his talents showed when he was first breaking into the industry. That's why he lasted so long as a top star.

I had the pleasure of meeting him once back in the mid-70s. I was in San Antonio for a convention where he was to be the keynote speaker. Turned out we were staying in the same hotel. He walked in the lobby with a group of people and I waited around for a chance to say howdy. Finally he walked into the gift shop area alone and I introduced myself. He was getting toward the end and was not in the best of health but he was extremely nice. I didn't take but a minute of his time and went on my way. My colleagues thought I was joking when I told them about it. We were all staying on the same floor. The next day we were going downstairs and when we got on the elevator he was already on it. He greeted me and reached through them to shake my hand. Boy did I ever get a lot of mileage out of that.

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":21knack0 said:
The next day we were going downstairs and when we got on the elevator he was already on it. He greeted me and reached through them to shake my hand. Boy did I ever get a lot of mileage out of that.

Craig-TX
I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but a former client was a good friend of his, and says the same as you Craig. He says that The Duke
was just a down to earth, everyday person that never let his success go to his head.

Sons of Kate Elder, True Grit, The Shootist and a bunch of others they are all great, as well as the WW2 movies,

And all of his readings done to music, especially about the son going to war,

Love him to death, would have made a great president.

Another reason why not to smoke, loss of a great man.

Latest posts