The good, the bad and the ugly

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
My 2 year old grandaughter, (the good), an 11 month old colt (the bad) and .... well you know :( .

Her first time with horses, and I don't trust the colt.

Alan

jackAva.jpg

Smart man there Alan. I recently saw a grandma hauling what looked like a two year old around an event on the back of her horse. The little girl was holding on by the tips of her fingers to a shirt. Had that horse jumped, that kid would have had no chance.

Oh, and what happend to the ugly? :mrgreen:

Well it's not hard to tell which is the ugly part :lol: . I'm always worried about little fingers and hands around any horses mouth, let alone letting the young or/and the inexperienced kid roam around a barn or pastures with horses in the isle or pasture. This colt has a decent pedigree and good conformation .... but he has earned the right to get cut, even before I sell him this spring. He doesn't have the head (brain) for a good stud. He was imprinted at birth, but is still a bit studdy and will turn his butt to you or act like he wants to bite. As you can see in the pic, I'm watching to make sure he doesn't turn his head towards her.

Thanks,
Alan, "AKA" I'm so ugly the doc slapped my mom when I was born..... I have to sneak up to a glass to get a drink .... mom hung a pork chop around my neck to get the dog to play with me.

Alan":1z4czzov said:
He was imprinted at birth, but is still a bit studdy and will turn his butt to you or act like he wants to bite. As you can see in the pic, I'm watching to make sure he doesn't turn his head towards her.

Thanks,
Alan, "AKA" I'm so ugly the doc slapped my mom when I was born..... I have to sneak up to a glass to get a drink .... mom hung a pork chop around my neck to get the dog to play with me.

Imprinted - - - You know we were doing that before they had a term for it. Don't know if I told you the story about my Dad's stud. I could ride him in parades with mares in heat, my dad could point his finger and scold him and tears would roll down his cheeks. I wouldn't believe it either if I hadn't lived it. He was "imprinted" as were all of our foals back then we just called it love for the horse.

Oh, ugly huh? Pull out your Webster and look it up. My picture is there. :cry2: