The good, the bad...and the Corriente

Help Support CattleToday:

I've got 4 corriente heifers now, to rope. For what they are, they look pretty good. Gave $350 a piece for them. Extremely high compared to what they would have brought at the sale barn. That's about the going price for calves ready to rope. Every year, I fight the urge to turn them out with the bulls in the fall, rather than take a beating on them. End of the day, it's cheaper to just take the beating. I will probably breed one, in hopes of a heifer bull for my own use. I'll be sick if she has a heifer.

Bigfoot said:
I've got 4 corriente heifers now, to rope. For what they are, they look pretty good. Gave $350 a piece for them. Extremely high compared to what they would have brought at the sale barn. That's about the going price for calves ready to rope. Every year, I fight the urge to turn them out with the bulls in the fall, rather than take a beating on them. End of the day, it's cheaper to just take the beating. I will probably breed one, in hopes of a heifer bull for my own use. I'll be sick if she has a heifer.

That's how my buddy's dad ended up with his also. Traded his son round bales for them when they got done.