The golden arch stake house now serves Angus burgers!

Help Support CattleToday:

Sir Loin

Reaction score
The golden arch stake house now serves Angus burgers!

Lets hope it goes world wide!

Southern California McDonald's To Offer Angus Beef Burgers

McDonald's restaurants in Southern California on Monday debuted "Angus Third Pounders," a line of hamburgers made with 100 percent Angus beef.

The fast-food giant had been testing the burgers at selected locations for several months. (See McDonald's tests Angus beef burgers, Meatingplace.com, Dec. 7, 2006.) In a news release, the chain cited "overwhelmingly positive" customer response to the sandwiches at the test restaurants.
source: http://www.cattlenetwork.com/content.as ... tid=110908

Add that to the Bi-Lo's stores advertising and labeling their beef as "certified 100% angus beef" and prices should start to climb real soon.
Meat Department
Our Meat Department boasts of 'The Butcher's Best', such as the finest cuts of Certified Angus Beef.
Source: http://beta.bi-lo.com/bilo/home/your_st ... r_shop.jsp

Also found this.
Fast-food restaurants such as Hardee's, McDonald's and Burger King are capitalizing on the brand, bragging that they serve Angus burgers.

Tell ya what if I was an angus breeder I wouldnt want the publicity from McDonalds and the like. All that stuff is complete garbage and only puts the image of cheap hamburgers right next to the angus name.

Re:
image of cheap hamburgers
I could car less about "image" I'm in business to make $$$$$$$$$$$, not images.
And their not cheap. At $4 a pop, I don't call that cheap.

If the people want it, then I am damnn well willing to supply it.
Now here is the catch as I understand it. To be certified angus beef, it only need be 50% angus. But don't tell the public!

If it ain't any better than the one I had at Hardees, it ain't worth crap.

I will have to admit that the Burger King one was OK though.

Wonder if it's "Marbled" pretty good? :lol:

Sir Loin":cdf7trtz said:
Now here is the catch as I understand it. To be certified angus beef, it only need be 50% angus. But don't tell the public!

Actually, it doesn't even need to be Angus, just 51% black hided.

Where did you get that?
As I understand it, there are people who come out and look at the cattle and do an ultrasound before issuing the certification.

Or were you just making a little jocularity?

Sir Loin":191dtfq9 said:
Where did you get that?
As I understand it, there are people who come out and look at the cattle and do an ultrasound before issuing the certification.

You're just rubbing salt in an old wound now. :lol: :lol:

Heck, they don't even have to be 51% black if you got some of the right eartags. ;-)

There was a time 30 years ago , when CAB set up the guide lines...THAT BLACK WAS ANGUS...Simm,Limms,Char,Herefords,and about anything else in the good old USA was not black.....It is not CAB fault that if you use angus on about anything they lose their horns , turn black in color , and prehaps due to hybrid vigor are improved....

Sir Loin.... Just wait until about 200 people come down with ecoli from an angus burger from anyone of the joints and tell me what you think of the publicity you will recieve....

Note: By no means am I suggesting Angus burgers are prone to ecoli.

Hey! I've got a couple of holstein feeder steers that are more than 51% black hided!! I'm going to go into the "angus" business!

FYI:
On April 18 there will be some people coming out to ultrasound and certify 200 steers that will then go directly to the slaughterhouse as certified angus beef.
I'll keep you posted!

sjr725":3a0l5uch said:
Hey! I've got a couple of holstein feeder steers that are more than 51% black hided!! I'm going to go into the "angus" business!

CAB specs disqualifies dairy cattle.

Im soo sick of hearing about 'angus burgers'. IMO, its just a fad. Last summer a local grocery store was selling 100% HEREFORD BEEF, sold like crazy because town people thought that because its 100%, its GOOD, or at least BETTER than some cross out there. Put some who-knows-what-breed feedlot steer on a plate, some 100% hereford, and some 100% Angus on a plate, find someone in town to eat it..and they will not taste the difference. Beef people might be able to (I know I cant) but to most 'regular people' there isnt a difference..but the pretttttty little 100% tag is sure apatizing. People will get over it...soon you will see 100%DEXTER BEEF. (ok, maybe not...but there is a possiblility.)
K, im done.

VanC":1hy7v9r9 said:
Sir Loin":1hy7v9r9 said:

McDonalds is not selling a CAB burger; they're selling an "Angus" burger. Apparently not every McD is selling them. We stopped at a McDonalds recently and they didn't have it on the menu.

They don't have to be 50% Angus; they have to be more than 50% black. But it takes more than black to be CAB. As you have seen on these pages, only about 13% of the black cattle in the US have qualifed for CAB. The requirements are pretty tough.

Sir Loin":g1c9f9mk said:
Where did you get that?

No, he's almost right. The first requirement for CAB is the animal must be more than 50% black. There's no requirement for Angus genetics at all. The cattle are never certified as CAB. The meat is stamped CAB at the packers after it meets all the requirements. Here's a link to the USDA site that shows the requirements for all the USDA-approved branded beef programs. CAB is top left.

http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/certprog/certbeef.htm

Sir Loin":me72b2k1 said:
FYI:
On April 18 there will be some people coming out to ultrasound and certify 200 steers that will then go directly to the slaughterhouse as certified angus beef.
I'll keep you posted!

Yeah, keep us posted. Nothing is CAB until it passes the USDA grader in the packing house.

Good for Golden Arch Steak House, and good for the beef industry!

Well at least for the BA and the wanna be black cattle. 8) :)

Frankie":3m15ecj8 said:
Sir Loin":3m15ecj8 said:
Where did you get that?

No, he's almost right. The first requirement for CAB is the animal must be more than 50% black. There's no requirement for Angus genetics at all. The cattle are never certified as CAB. The meat is stamped CAB at the packers after it meets all the requirements. Here's a link to the USDA site that shows the requirements for all the USDA-approved branded beef programs. CAB is top left.

http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/certprog/certbeef.htm

I was hoping you would come along with the specifics. I was too lazy. ;-)