The "Girls"

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Got our cows and heifers vaccinated for scours and ran them over to the calving lot. They were feeling pretty good today. It was 59 degrees above.

Ice Alert!
IMG_6030.jpg

This way
IMG_6031.jpg

IMG_6036.jpg

Heading for their hay
IMG_6043.jpg

Your girls look to be in great shape! How soon before they start calving?

SWEET looking "girls". Look like they have weathered (tongue in cheek remark) the winter nicely!

Really nice set of cows. They look good for the type of winter they have gone through. We love to see a good group of Hereford cows- it makes such a neat photo.

MO_cows":1m0lbpla said:
Some of those girls need a "wide load" sign.

I was thinking exactly the same thought! Nice looking cows.

I have heard that cold winters make for larger than normal calves. Some of mine look so wide you would never think they will make it to March 15th.

ILH, I wonder if we will have larger than normal calves in the north? Again good looking cows and pictures. Thank you.

Jim

Yeah there are a couple that look like they has spent the winter with their heads in the feed bunk. Daughters 440 cow is fatter then I would like to see her, hope there are no problems with her calving.

Jim just have to wait and see how the weights go. Never noticed a difference in a warmer winter calves weights and colder winter calves weights.

No AI this last spring Harley. Have 3 head picked out to do some AI'ing this spring.
Here is a heifer I would like to AI in about 3 to 4 years. She will be bred for the first time this spring. Let her grow and see how she does as a cow first.
BW 88 WW 646
IMG_5490.jpg

man you guys live in the banana belt or what - and no snow, how long have you been bared off. its hard to believe that is 75 miles from here.

i have to say those herefords are a stark contrast to what fills the MT prairie these days - us hereford breeders... we're just plumb stupid ;-) :lol:

dandy heifer calf too.

Harley she is out of B Lady Keynote 650 and Chuchill Domino 7139T
On her dams side she has MC Ranger 9615 on her sire's side Anchor 29L.
I would like to see what she would produce by AI'ing her to Rambo.

H'76 it was that chinook that hit this weekend. At least a majority of the ice out front is now gone.
Looks like it did not get warm up your way. Heard Havre was 34 degrees yesterday.

I don't know how stupid we are, but it is pretty nice to stick 4 cows in a pen and give them their shots and not get kicked to death. :D ;-)

I luv herfrds said:
Got our cows and heifers vaccinated for scours and ran them over to the calving lot. They were feeling pretty good today. It was 59 degrees above.

It's funny when you have to put the word "above" in after "59 degrees" . . . but after minus 30 in Oklahoma this year I suppose nothing should be assumed :lol:

Great looking cows.

Nice looking cow's. Ours[herefords also] are bellydeep in snow and in ablizard at this time. They cannot move off the feed ground and havent traveled anywhere in about 60 days. Look good but it has been rough on them. We just got some of the county roads open fairly good these past few days and will be really blowed in if this weather lasts very long. State sent some big rotarys in here last week and we tthought that maybe we would have a little releif. Anyway would trade you locations in a heartbeat. Only days until some of our heifers could start calving and that will really be a charecter builder. Oh well been there done that before.

Latest posts