The fox, the chicken and the boy riddle

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Remember the riddle with the fox, chicken and boy (i think). Where they had to row one back and forth in the boat without one eating the other etc.. That is the way I felt today.

Gathered up all the cows about to calve, steers and the bull......separated the bull and steers and put them into the holding pen at Farm A. Pulled the trailer over to Farm B where we keep the unbred heifers and loaded up a load of them and trailered them back to Farm A and turned them out. Loaded up the bull and steers and trailered them back to the soon to be empty heifer pasture. Loaded up remaining heifers and trailered them back to Farm A. Unloaded all the heifers but one that was scheduled for AI at the vet. Trailered her over there. Vet AI's and we trailer her back to Farm A. With the remaining daylight I cut rafters for the adition on the hay barn. This all sounds smooth but them dang cows don't always want to participate....couple this with ankle deep mud and you get the picture. I should sleep well tonight :mrgreen:

Hoss sounds like for sure you made a hand today. Did you have to leave the door open for your a$$ to come dragging in later? :lol: :lol:

Cal

Sounds like you got yourself a good trailer if it lets you accomplish that much without the bearings going out in it. Sleep well!

Jogeephus":4zptbgfv said:
Sounds like you got yourself a good trailer if it lets you accomplish that much without the bearings going out in it. Sleep well!

It's a good'ern but only 14ft. so I hafta make more trips. One of these days I'm gonna defy Caustic and get me a F350 dually diesel and a big featherlite gooseneck trailer :mrgreen: . I'll trade in my 14ft ex-Co-Op trailer and 1994 1/2 ton Chevy 4x4 farm truck.

HOSS":1zq6y1v2 said:
Jogeephus":1zq6y1v2 said:

It's a good'ern but only 14ft. so I hafta make more trips. One of these days I'm gonna defy Caustic and get me a F350 dually diesel and a big featherlite gooseneck trailer :mrgreen: . I'll trade in my 14ft ex-Co-Op trailer and 1994 1/2 ton Chevy 4x4 farm truck.

I would think you will need that F350 for your new business. I would think that would be a must have. As for the trailer, I don't think you need this as bad as your next door neighbor does. I really think he ought to buy one. Myself, I wouldn't even object if my neighbor got one of them trailers with the camper in it. I could deal with it.

Latest posts