The fires in California

Help Support CattleToday:

Saw on tv police had shot someone they suspected was trying to start a fire,and had arrested another.. What a waste
of skin an arsonst is..

I think it was a news person trying to show all of us who fire fires how ignorant they are.
Yes it does look like a small tornado, but where as a tornado is born out of a super cell thunder storm, a dust devil a.k.a. fire whirl is caused by a mass of unstable air. They are both vortexis (sp?), but of different origin and power.
You ever been out in a field and see a dust devil? That is caused by a mass of unstable air.
Saw some good ones on the Labor Day weekend fire. Fire was burning south and the whirls were heading west. Wish I had grabbed a camera.

Similar problems exist here in Australia,with people living in bushland that should never be built in. The thing that bugs most rural landholders is the use of resources to fight fires in remote areas (mostly in national parks). Most need just to burn themselves out. The aboriginals used to burn the bush and grew back again. In our area an enormous fire burnt through parts of the district 5 years ago. Now you would not know that there had ever been a fire. It would just burn the same again now. Remote fire fighting only puts fire fighters at risk.
Colin

Aye Colin:I am doing the same in Texas as the Aboriginals the past 10 years.Cold burning.Burn the brush and dead wood on cold winter days with a light drizzle.Or during a wet spring.Just add diesel to get it going.Burn all the pine needles under my pine trees.My cows do a pretty good job too on the brush.I am buidling a metal frame home with a metal roof,metal siding,tile floor and sheetrock walls.It's fire proof and termite proof.Most all those homes out in California were wood frame homes with cedar roofs.Then it never rains in Southern California.Why I live in Texas.

Brahma Bull":2jjfkx8c said:
I am buidling a metal frame home with a metal roof,metal siding,tile floor and sheetrock walls.It's fire proof and termite proof.

My thoughts exactly on the next one - with a bit of rock in the equation. Drought can happen anywhere.

I still want hardwood floors tho.

backhoeboogie":3rwpndsz said:
Brahma Bull":3rwpndsz said:
I am buidling a metal frame home with a metal roof,metal siding,tile floor and sheetrock walls.It's fire proof and termite proof.

My thoughts exactly on the next one - with a bit of rock in the equation. Drought can happen anywhere.

I still want hardwood floors tho.

Yeah I wanted limestone lower part on the siding and cherry hardwood floors but that will have to wait.Takes a lot more $$$$$ to do that.

Latest posts