The end of an Era

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score
I've been tearing up the Puget Sound and West coast of Washington and Vancouver Island for almost 20 years in this boat. Wheel barrows full of halibut and salmon, but I'm done.

When I was told I could sell the boat for close to what I paid for it 19 year ago I decided I was done puking in the ocean. I'm going fish this halibut season with a for sale sign. I'm going to give it heck one last time.

Sure leaves alot of room in the shop! I'm sure I'll miss it, but nothing wrong with a pocket full of cash.

Deepsouth it is like new, stored in the shop unless in the water. The bilge is clean enough to eat out of. Pretty much loaded.

King, it's a 24ft Skagit Orca with Alaskan bulkhead. It has the close cell injected foam hull like a whaler. Very solid hull.

Nice ride. Sorry to hear that you are giving it up. Sometimes you just need to move on!

The wife doesn't really want me to sell it, so we're going out with a bang. Going to do the San Juan Islands quick 3 day trip, anchor out in Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor. Lot's of good food and drink up there and when you sleep on the boat it's all pretty affordable.

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: , but you haven't envited me halibut fishing. :lol: If I had a boat like that they would have to sell it after I was dead, nice boat!

They say the two happiest days of a boaters life is when the buy it and when they sell it. I love to catch those big azz flounders. Good to eat as well. Sorry you're giving it up.

Cabo":yhp5ua1u said:
I like that truck too! Nice place.

Thanks Cabo. The Kodiak has been a good truck so far ,'06 with 86,000 miles. We work a lot locally sometimes I go 3 weeks on a fill up.

I should start a " show the changes " thread. The place has changed in the last 25 years. Not an inch of fence, now there's a mile. 900 square ft 90 year old house, now it's 3200sq ft.