the economy may be turning

Help Support CattleToday:

I wish I could say I was slammed with work. I've only worked 3 days of the last 2 weeks.

hooknline":39mss83b said:
Today I booked the single largest paying job ever in 20 years of business. Anyone want to take a guess who the job is for? Think budget crisis

Maybe in your neck of the woods its turning. I guess where you live it's a recession over here its a depression.

Caustic Burno":2qnhtpox said:
hooknline":2qnhtpox said:
Today I booked the single largest paying job ever in 20 years of business. Anyone want to take a guess who the job is for? Think budget crisis

Maybe in your neck of the woods its turning. I guess where you live it's a recession over here its a depression.
Maybe Caustic. Its been pretty rough around here for small business. I grossed more my first year of business 20 years ago than I did last year. But.....I just scheduled another contract, same deal, same agency, different facility. Between the 2 jobs it will equal 20% of my gross of last year. Budget crisis my ass

Especially if you were the highest bid for paying work and got awarded the contract. I always have to be the lowest bidder to get the work.

I got in with them at my normal rates when the economy was kicking. Everyone else was raising prices. That allowed me to show them my work, and its paid off in spades. I came in at .15/sq ft. Low bid was .02/sq ft but the low bid hasn't done any work for them yet. I don't see how they can make any money at that price anyway.

You must be working for the state then cause the feds don't seem to care about that stuff. Heck, at the base below the house they awarded a contract to a construction outfit who was on the do not hire list. This company came in and started building about 50 houses then quit paying their bills and hauled a$$ forcing about 20 business to go belly up. After several years of talks and lots of strutting by a few politicians and a few broken promises they went in the other day and bulldozed down every house. Some were dried in with cabinets and the works. They are going to start again from scratch. I do so love seeing how they spend our hard earned money. With that in mind, you'd better do a jam up job cause I know where you live and I know someone experienced with bulldozing houses down so best do it right or else. :cowboy: :lol2:

Bring on the dozer, ill use it to clear some firebreaks. There's a reason I got the contracts, and it sure wasn't my stunning good looks

hooknline":3cl094rh said:
I got in with them at my normal rates when the economy was kicking. Everyone else was raising prices. That allowed me to show them my work, and its paid off in spades. I came in at .15/sq ft. Low bid was .02/sq ft but the low bid hasn't done any work for them yet. I don't see how they can make any money at that price anyway.
Definitely obvious the low bidder had never done any gov't work. No way to get a bid that cheap.

Latest posts