the difference between chicken and country fried steak

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":1xjfc4l1 said:
Let 3way cook it for you adding all that Dago cooking knowledge of his and you won't know but what it isn't chicken. ;-)

BTW ya'll didn't invent this. The process is called Milanese for a reason! Here it is with pasta Alfredo. Whether Italian or Austro/German. The origen is European and come over with them. Milanese is always breaded with egg flour and breadcrumbs.

How's that for some Dago input......my Aggie friend

th
[/quote]

See there. I knew you could do it. Even a redneck/indian/mezkin like me could eat that.

Seems every little "Green Fly" cafe in the state thinks they have the best. Most start off with white gravy at lunch but by dinner it's pretty brown.

3waycross":3bhqt7l6 said:
TexasBred":3bhqt7l6 said:
hillsdown":3bhqt7l6 said:
Country-fried steak is flour-dusted and usually served with brown gravy and onions, chicken-fried steak is breaded with eggs and served with cream gravy.

BUT .............

Then for watching DDD the southerners say one is deep fried and the other is pan fried (usually in lard or bacon ) but chicken fried steak can be either deep fried or pan fried but the gravy (usually white cream gravy) is not added to the plate until just before serving so the fried outside won't become soggy. :???: :?

Not a fan of either and would rather have an authentic weinerschnitzel or fried chicken instead . ;-) :tiphat:

Let 3way cook it for you adding all that Dago cooking knowledge of his and you won't know but what it isn't chicken. ;-)

BTW ya'll didn't invent this. The process is called Milanese for a reason! Here it is with pasta Alfredo. Whether Italian or Austro/German. The origen is European and come over with them. Milanese is always breaded with egg flour and breadcrumbs.

How's that for some Dago input......my Aggie friend

th

I will take gladly take a huge serving of any kind of pasta you make 3way, but hold the chicken/country fried steak and give me a huge serving of one of your "Mexican" concoctions that you have been bragging about for the past few weeks . :D

Many people here will make it like in the picture but after that its submerged in gravy and finished in the oven floating in gravy.

hooknline":3tw60s1h said:
I got in some real trouble once calling my Italian boss that name. Before I knew it was bad. Almost lost my job over it.
My wife is Italian and her folks were from the old country. Great people. I loved her grandparents like my own. I could get away with teasing them with dago stuff and they would rib me about being a hillbilly. Her uncles were ready to fight at the drop of a hat though....especially after a few beers. The food was incredible. Everytime I would get within a mile of her grandparents her grandmother wanted to feed me. She would stuff me so full of pastas, sauces, sausages etc. that I could barely walk out of the house. If an Italian feeds you that means they like you. Very warm people. They talk allot and they talk fast. They say what is on their mind even if it offends you. They don't mean it that way they are just a very open people.....that is what I like about them. One of these days I am going to take my wife to Sicily where her Grandfather was born and northern Italy where her Grandmother was born.

Alan":3glcan2j said:
I'm trying to improve my culinary skills and I really enjoy it, my wife seems pretty happy with my new hobby also. :D Now understand my wife spent 15 yrs in college station and considers herself an expert on Texas eats.

Wow, that is quicker than average for an Aggie! TB, how many years did it take you? :mrgreen:

Commercialfarmer":vxrodkxm said:
Alan":vxrodkxm said:
I'm trying to improve my culinary skills and I really enjoy it, my wife seems pretty happy with my new hobby also. :D Now understand my wife spent 15 yrs in college station and considers herself an expert on Texas eats.

Wow, that is quicker than average for an Aggie! TB, how many years did it take you? :mrgreen:

Now that's funny.........specially comin from an Okie :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Commercialfarmer":je6qzggm said:
Alan":je6qzggm said:

Well, my wife actually was sticking around college station to help me get through what I could of A&M. But since it took me 15 yrs to get through my "intro to basic math" (mth32) class she convinced me that we may want to look at other options for me.

Gig Em!

Commercialfarmer":w37rryba said:
Alan":w37rryba said:

I arrived on campus an expert in just about everything. It took them about 2 days to show me just how stupid I was about dam near everything. I spend 8 long ass years down there, most of that time on scholastic probation. :nod: :nod:

Our vet and the chuckwagon crew went to Pigeon Forge over the weekend and ended up winning first place in the meat category for their chicken fried steak

Latest posts