The Dead Horse

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Young Chuck in Montana bought a horse from a farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the horse the next day.

The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news... the horse died."

Chuck replied, "Well, then just give me my money back."

The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

Chuck said, "Ok, then, just bring me the dead horse."

The farmer asked, "What ya going to do with him?"

Chuck said, "I'm going to raffle him off."

The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead horse!"

Chuck said, "Sure I can, watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later, the farmer met up with Chuck and asked, "What happened with that dead horse?"

Chuck said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars a piece and made a profit of $998."

The farmer said, "Didn't anyone complain?"

Chuck said, " Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back."

Chuck grew up and now works for the government. He's the one who figured out how this "bail-out" is going to work.

If the absolutely exquisite logic of that story didn't have me crying like a baby right now. I would LMAO.

Maybe the best post of the year TB

And it works with cattle, goats, chickens, sheep, pigs, and squirrels.... Raffle ticket prices will have to vary depending on what State you might be living in at the time... :D
I'll be selling my book shortly... You'll be able to pick it up for $19.95... It'll be advertised on Sunday morning TV right along with the SHAM-WOW and that liquid detergent that takes motor oils stains out of your socks... In it, as a bonus feature, will be a list of all the government jobs available in your area at no extra charge.... Best Wishes!!!
Chuck Lewis
Ronan, MT

Latest posts