The Cowboys

Help Support CattleToday:

J. T.

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite movies. Saw it the other night. The clincher is when Bruce Dern's character has his leg broken and is trapped under his horse and hung up in the saddle, begging for his life. They get the horse to his feet, shoot a pistol in the air which send the horse galloping with Dern screaming in agony. Couldn't happen to a more deserving person; after all, he DID kill John Wayne! It's a great movie.

UGH ~ Just saw that on TV myself the other night (Thurs nite)! It has been like a John Wayne marathon around here ever since! :help: It was the first JW movie my 10 year old had seen, and now he has us at the video store renting all of them. :cry2: Just finished watching Chisum, now we are watching Stage Coach. (Looking for smilie poking his eyes out).
Wish he felt the same way about Julia Roberts as he does JW......

Julia Roberts. :shock: :roll: :help: Looking for smiley face puking.

I like John Wayne movies. A lot. But you've got to admit that she's at least better looking than he is. Not that I care much for her movies.... Chick flicks.

angie":39cf8s46 said:
UGH ~ Just saw that on TV myself the other night (Thurs nite)! It has been like a John Wayne marathon around here ever since! :help: It was the first JW movie my 10 year old had seen, and now he has us at the video store renting all of them. :cry2: Just finished watching Chisum, now we are watching Stage Coach. (Looking for smilie poking his eyes out).
Wish he felt the same way about Julia Roberts as he does JW......

If that was the case you might be at another store buying him some high heels and a skirt. Be thankful his hero is John Wayne

Dress and high heels? Is awful hard to tramp through the swamp in search of victims with feathers in high heels I am thinking. :shock:

He is all boy.
So long as he doesn't start talking like them, we will be fine.

spoon":1y92x2oy said:

vomit_emoticon.gif

Hi Spoon hope this helps....

well bruce dern knew they was going to hunt him down an kill him.those lil boys was tough lil cusses.an they sure knew how to make him suffer.

I like the scene when the guy says... "That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man", right before John Wayne rushes the 3 of them on horseback. Oh wait, wrong movie. But still a good scene.

spoon":1qjp84qt said:

I'm with ya on that. Never could understand the big to do over her. Most beautiful woman in the world my rear. To each his own, I guess.

VanC":zww0rlnr said:
spoon":zww0rlnr said:

I'm with ya on that. Never could understand the big to do over her. Most beautiful woman in the world my rear. To each his own, I guess.

Have you ever seen her moron brother. She looks just like him with long hair. She just makes better movies.

Hey speaking of disgusting. What do we have to do to get that puking emoticon on here? Send him our way Chrisy. I'm thinking he would get quite a work-out on some of these threads.

As long as were wishing how about one for BS also.

You're right about that Van. She's atractive, but not jaw dropping, drooling gorgeous. My current TV crush is Lisa Edlestein that plays Dr. Cuddy on House. I have a thing for brown eyed brunettes. I married one. Also, I was always in love with Annette Funicello. When I found out my wife's middle name was Annette, I was a goner!
Back to John Wayne....it was refreshing to see a man that was not several quarts low on testosterone like so many of the sissies on TV and in the movies today. The sissification of American "men" seems to be in vogue. I can't remember who said it, but was said of Johnny Cash that evryone was a sissy compared to him. Our young folks have precious few real men in entertainment today to look up to, and to make matters worse a lot of them are being raised by single mommas. OK, I'm finished.

3waycross":2mryvw8o said:
Hey speaking of disgusting. What do we have to do to get that puking emoticon on here? Send him our way Chrisy. I'm thinking he would get quite a work-out on some of these threads.

As long as were wishing how about one for BS also.

You should be able to copy and paste that little guy, but the one for BS is to bad for on these boards, kids present. :oops: suppose you could use this one.....
Fireball.gif
:lol:

Latest posts