The Containers at the Port

Help Support CattleToday:

He never offered a solution, or a reason for the problem. What is the real reason?

We may not have a Christmas unless they can get that plastic junk to its destination on time.

The problem is getting trucks to haul out of California, truck has to be ten years old or less, the driver vaccinated and willing to go to California. I don't know exactly how much that lowers the pool of available trucks.

I don't know the port capacity difference between California and the Washington/Oregon ports. But I can tell you that I am about 4 miles or so from a main east/west rail line. There is a pretty steady flow of trains with double stacked containers going past here. A train that is two miles long with double stacked containers. How many trucks would it take to haul all that? I see very few truck hauled containers on the freeway. I believe the truck hauled ones are just for local delivery. One day this last week I saw three trains go by in about 2 hours. All 3 headed west so I assume they were empty containers head back to China.

Latest posts