The clones are coming!

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ollie'":1nh2dik4 said:
Frankie":1nh2dik4 said:
Why not use them for life saving medical research if the owners (parents) want to donate them?
For the same reason you wouldn't sell body parts from prisoners. Morality and ethics.

:roll: Prisoners are human beings with rights granted to them under the law. Laws are made based on the morals and ethics of the majority in the community. According to polls, most Americans support stem cell research using embryos. I just saw a poll saying that support for stem cell research in Missouri had gone up several points since Rush insulted Micheal J. Fox on his radio show. The more it gets talked about, the worse it is for Jim Talent.

But you still have not answered the question why would we ever need a human clone?

I haven't said anything about cloning humans. I have been talking about cloning cattle. If you want a person with your same DNA wandering around that is your issue not mine.

Frankie":3imv751g said:
ollie'":3imv751g said:
Frankie":3imv751g said:
Why not use them for life saving medical research if the owners (parents) want to donate them?
For the same reason you wouldn't sell body parts from prisoners. Morality and ethics.

According to polls, most Americans support stem cell research using embryos.
Have you polled americans to see which we prefer, to use baby parts or prisoner parts?

ollie'":1fmq4qb8 said:
Frankie":1fmq4qb8 said:
ollie'":1fmq4qb8 said:
Frankie":1fmq4qb8 said:

According to polls, most Americans support stem cell research using embryos.
Have you polled americans to see which we prefer, to use baby parts or prisoner parts?

Using rhetoric won't change things, Ollie. The law is the law. The embryos stored in nitrogen tanks in fertility clinics all across the US belong to the people who PAID for them to be created. When/if they decide they don't want to pay for them to be stored anymore, they will be destroyed. If the public is so set against that, the logical thing to do is to stop fertility treatments and creation of embryos to be frozen. But I haven't heard a whisper of that suggestion from the powers that be.

Frankie":22dkrlpb said:
So, would you outlaw fertilitity treatments for couples who haven't been able to have children? There are thousands of human embryos setting in nitrogen tanks around the US. Sooner or later, they will be destroyed. Why not use them for life saving medical research if the owners (parents) want to donate them? Why is it better to flush them down the drain?

There is a big difference in fertility treatments and producing embryo's to do research on.

Why not allow a poor person to sale a kidney if they want to?

Why not throw out all ethical standards in the outside chance some sick person might be cured. Seems to me ethics and humanity need to start somewhere and where better than at the start of life the Embryo?

Why is it liberals are always quick to try to find a way to make themselves live longer but they have no respect for the beginning of life be it through abortion or embryonic Stem Cell Research.

aplusmnt":3pt27e6m said:
There is a big difference in fertility treatments and producing embryo's to do research on.

But the owners of these embryos are not allowed to donate them for medical research, or at least that being funded by Federal dollars. Am I understanding that you think it's ok to do that?

Because the law, a law based on the ethics and morals of the majority, says they can't do it.

Why not throw out all ethical standards in the outside chance some sick person might be cured. Seems to me ethics and humanity need to start somewhere and where better than at the start of life the Embryo?

You are having a hard time. The vast majority of Americans don't believe the same as you do, so you say they have no ethics or morals. You know the animal rights people say the same thing.

Why is it liberals are always quick to try to find a way to make themselves live longer and in better health but they have no respect for the beginning of life be it through abortion or embryonic Stem Cell Research.

Are you saying the majority of people in Missouri are liberal? That's an interesting concept.

Frankie":1j1ql4by said:
ollie'":1j1ql4by said:
Frankie":1j1ql4by said:

:roll: Prisoners are human beings with rights granted to them under the law. Laws are made based on the morals and ethics of the majority in the community. According to polls, most Americans support stem cell research using embryos. I just saw a poll saying that support for stem cell research in Missouri had gone up several points since Rush insulted Micheal J. Fox on his radio show. The more it gets talked about, the worse it is for Jim Talent.

Exactly what Poll did you see? What was the percentage of Dems vs Republicans. What was the percentage of registered voters Vs Joe blow at Wal-Mart? Where they the same Polling company that had Kerry winning the election on election day.

Polls are a crock they are as biased as the media and CAB. Why is it Republicans are always loosing in polls, but they seem to win in the end more times than not? Because liberals think if they can will it to be so they will win. Tell someone they can not win and they will not take off work that day to vote, what is the use?

Frankie":2qdayze5 said:
aplusmnt":2qdayze5 said:

But the owners of these embryos are not allowed to donate them for medical research, or at least that being funded by Federal dollars. Am I understanding that you think it's ok to do that?

Because the law, a law based on the ethics and morals of the majority, says they can't do it.

You are having a hard time. The vast majority of Americans don't believe the same as you do, so you say they have no ethics or morals. You know the animal rights people say the same thing.

Why is it liberals are always quick to try to find a way to make themselves live longer and in better health but they have no respect for the beginning of life be it through abortion or embryonic Stem Cell Research.

Are you saying the majority of people in Missouri are liberal? That's an interesting concept.

First we do not live in a country where the majority rules. We live in a country where an individuals rights are protected even if the majority believes it not be necessary. That is why lynchings are stopped.

And I am not sure you know what the vast Majority of Americans want? Guess you read to many Polls instead of looking at how the Vote. If we listened to the Vast Majority on every issue Blacks would still be enslaved I doubt by a populous vote you would have seen to many people wanting to free the Slaves in the day.

aplusmnt":2qdayze5 said:

Frankie":2qdayze5 said:

If I was talking exclusively about Missouri people in the above comment I would have inserted the word Missouri in front of Liberals in the Sentence.

embryonic Stem Cell Research.

Not to interupt all yalls battle or complicate it but what about embryonic stem cell research using mouse or bovine embryos? The idea is to be able to achieve the same results without "embryo dervied" stem cells. If that was possible i don't know why anyone would have a problem with that. I don't feel right about creating human embryos for research. Bovine and mouse seem to be alright by me.

I'm all for testing using any part of any animal they choose to save human life. If that testing is so that when perfected, the real procedure can be done using human embryos, I'm against it.

Right, wrong, good ,bad, or indifferent we need to continue all types of research. Until we do the research we do not know where it is going to lead us. We need to open all the doors,search all the paradigmns to improve our Quality of life.
We need to be disease resistant as well as we need a cure for cancer. We need to be able to clone parts for accident victims.
We need 600 bu corn to the acre, we need 1100 lb weaning weights. We need to use less fossil fuels. The only way we are going to do this is by keeping an open mind and doing all types of research.

Shorthornguy":3roacd8y said:
Right, wrong, good ,bad, or indifferent we need to continue all types of research. Until we do the research we do not know where it is going to lead us. We need to open all the doors,search all the paradigmns to improve our Quality of life.
We need to be disease resistant as well as we need a cure for cancer. We need to be able to clone parts for accident victims.
We need 600 bu corn to the acre, we need 1100 lb weaning weights. We need to use less fossil fuels. The only way we are going to do this is by keeping an open mind and doing all types of research.

I have to disagree we do not need all kinds of research. There has to be a certain amount of integrity and ethics involved, there has to be a line we do not cross.

The left tries to justify, legalize and provide funding for embryonic research using reason such as Frankie says, that it should be legal because we have all these frozen embryo's going to waste. They know if they get it legal then they can pay women to produce Embryo's and sell them to scientist much like the Blood banks we will have Embryo Banks.

Research can be done to help people with out producing experimental human embryo's or clones. The proof is in the advancement that they have made so far with out it. People are living twice as long as they did Centuries ago.

Brandonm2 said:
BAGTIC said:
"
Doctors and scientists are credentialed and licensed by the government and most work at facilities which receive govt grants and licenses. It is well within the legitimate power of government to forbid any doctor, scientist, or other professional to create experimental people.

The government has the right to spend its time and money any way it wants. How individuals spend their time and their money is their business.

BAGTIC":2yd5tzky said:
The government has the right to spend its time and money any way it wants. How individuals spend their time and their money is their business.

I need a little more info. Did you write this?

"Are you saying the majority of people in Missouri are liberal? That's an interesting concept."

They are only liberal when they want a federal handout.

Back pocket conservatives. Your pocket liberals.

BAGTIC":265cev10 said:
"Are you saying the majority of people in Missouri are liberal? That's an interesting concept."

They are only liberal when they want a federal handout.

Back pocket conservatives. Your pocket liberals.

You talking to me?

aplusmnt.....I agree to disagree....Lets do the research first and when we have the results.....Then lets decide what is morally right or wrong.

PS The folks from Missouri are just like the folks from Kansas or elsewhere....Heck of a nice bunch of people

Wewild":1obe4uph said:
BAGTIC":1obe4uph said:

Yes that is ALL HIS...in response to my earlier statement. As far as I am concerned any scientist who willfully disobeys the law can rot in a federal prison. If they don't like the law, they can talk to their Congressman and tell him why it needs to be changed.

Brandonm2":2udgkhl2 said:
Wewild":2udgkhl2 said:
BAGTIC":2udgkhl2 said:

Yes that is ALL HIS...in response to my earlier statement. As far as I am concerned any scientist who willfully disobeys the law can rot in a federal prison. If they don't like the law, they can talk to their Congressman and tell him why it needs to be changed.

I also had a problem with
BAGTIC":2udgkhl2 said:
The government has the right to spend its time and money any way it wants.

Since I'm paying for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts