The Cattle Today Family

Help Support CattleToday:

i wasnt plannin on bringin the cattle all the way to ill...but if ya'll are gonna bring yers im bringin mine :tiphat:

dieselbeef":3morfwsc said:
i wasnt plannin on bringin the cattle all the way to ill...but if ya'll are gonna bring yers im bringin mine :tiphat:
Just think about it diesel.. . we could all have an old fashioned cattle drive... all the way to Wisteria's place. :clap:

yepper..that'd be bout 1800 mi each way...i can hardly contain my excitement...or maybe its my excrement im not sure

dieselbeef":16jzpb4f said:
yepper..that'd be bout 1800 mi each way...i can hardly contain my excitement...or maybe its my excrement im not sure

I used to live in Sarasota...I believe its 1100 miles...from there to here (according to a sign on my back porch anyway)
I've been down that road ONCE of "driving cattle" over the river and through the woods...IT WAS NOT FUN!!! So don't be expectin me and the rest of the family to hold supper for ya just 'cause you want to make a grand entrance impressin the wemens with your mad cattle-drivin "skills"!!

Limomike":3o52dlno said:
Wisteria Farms":3o52dlno said:
I could be persuaded to have a little shindig...and yes HD I'd wait for you to get your passport cleared!! You don't even have to bring food...as I cook enough for an army...
Don't know how my little town would react to an influx of cattlemen though, we're a town of around 8,000 with one Super 8...!

The Super 8 would probably be glad to see us all... unless you got room at your place to put us up. :lol2:

I'm sure they'd be elated...probably be the most action they'd seen in months...
I got a big enough party pad...just would have to run some temporary electric for anyone wantin to boondock it...(my poor husband is going..."what the @*#*$&...is she freakin serious?!!!) :lol2:

Wisteria, if this was a serious plan I would definitely be into it. We would load up the RV and head on over, the last time we did it we spent three weeks travelling through your beautiful country and it was one of my best and most memorable holidays ever.. :)

I need a break and definitely of change of scenery,, this summer July is out as it is mom and dad's 50'th wedding anniversary and I am hosting it as well as catering it ( 100-150 people expected) and then Mr. HD's dad is coming for a visit from the Netherlands in August. But 2010 count me in,, lets start planning now.. :tiphat:

hillsdown":2ajv3wt9 said:
Wisteria, if this was a serious plan I would definitely be into it. We would load up the RV and head on over, the last time we did it we spent three weeks travelling through your beautiful country and it was one of my best and most memorable holidays ever.. :)

I need a break and definitely of change of scenery,, this summer July is out as it is mom and dad's 50'th wedding anniversary and I am hosting it as well as catering it ( 100-150 people expected) and then Mr. HD's dad is coming for a visit from the Netherlands in August. But 2010 count me in,, lets start planning now.. :tiphat:

Hey, if its 2010 I'll definately host it...my year is busy too...we have a graduation "hog roast" in late May and then our county fair in July and then our Nationals in Wyoming in August. However, how about you farmers out there tell me when is a good month (avoiding planting/harvesting) and I'll set a date!! How much fun will this be!!! Everybody let me know their best month and I'll make it when its good for the majority...sound fair? If I plan now, I think I'm OK for anytime in 2010 though its prettiest here in the fall (October). Just let me know...maybe I'll start a new post with a survey....(Jeff's going to sh@t when he wakes up in the morning and reads this! haha)

melking":1b6vqppp said:
Thanks AAron. That was cool.

Yes, thanks Aaron. Btw, several of the ones that the pics don't show you can right click on the X and left click "show picture" and it will show up.

I can't edit the original post anymore, so I will just add this here.

Idaman - RIP
OI1480200602_tom%20hook.jpg

I never saw this thread the first time around, good job!...

I was just thinking there should be a thread like it earlier in the week so we can put faces to the names!

Here's a more recent pic of me, though I like the one you posted too

angie":20pyp78w said:
Wisteria Farms":20pyp78w said:
So if this is the Cattle Today Family... when is the family reunion?
I don't know what the rest of the "family" thinks, but this sounds like an invite WF.
Just let us know, and I will bring a dish to pass! ;-)
Good idea! :wave:

C, you are too funny. If you remember, I tried this once before a LONG LONG time ago... LOL I think we even had some coming from afar (Chrisy maybe? Knersie?).. Can't remember. I'd love to do it...let me think if I'm up to the challenge (which means looking at my calendar). But remember, I'm just a little ol purebred Murray Grey breeder with 20+ mommas... a little embarrassed to have some big wigs show up to my small-time operation. How much notice does everyone need? This year? Next year? More time to plan it means I can put more thought into it. How about a BEST BEEF CHALLENGE... with awards is several categories... Most Tender Steak/Leanest Beef/etc etc. I can also contact my Hereford, Angus, Shorthorn & Dairy neighbors and see about tours at their places. My husband's going to shoot me.

Don't worry about how many or few mommas you have. Almost everyone started small at some point, many of us stay that way out of necessity.
One thing I have noticed in my life is that no matter how big ya get in life, we all seem to end up downsizing at the latter end of our tenures here on Earth.

If this is a family, I am wondering if there is a rich older person out there who has me in their will? Just a thought. It would be nice to remember me after all I have done for them......

Latest posts