The Blues

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Yesterday I had the most terrible New Year's blues. Cannot for the life of me fathom it out being a self motivator and basically on the go all the time. I could have pulled the covers over my head and slept all day :shock: , this is a person that is up with the birds. So, went through the motions and just got the the necessaries done during the day in between sitting in front of the air con cooling off contemplating life. I decided it definitely had something to do with the New Year blues, probably preparing for Xmas(family), staff away, rushing here and there and the all of a sudden New Year hit us. This is the first year that I can remember not making any New Years resolutions or at least planning the year ahead to an extent, there just never seemed to be time. This terrible heat we are experiencing could be a factor, everybody else being on holiday coming back happy and rested could be too??????

So got up this morning and decided I needed a holiday but first have to tie up some loose ends. One of the things 'to do' was harvest honey. So kitted up at sunset and started the first hive, just as I was about to finish a couple of bees got in my hood somehow and started zapping me, four zaps :shock: - what an adrenalin rush!!! Replaced the frames and got out of there as fast as I could. Took 2 Allergex and am now relaxing thinking of the honey that I must still go and extract. Perhaps the bees zapped me right but I feel quite good about the forthcoming year now.

Are there others out there that got the blues too?

Alison,
From time to time I get to felling really down. We have some hard times but we have it much better than many other so there is really no reason for me to feel the way I do. I get so angry at myself for feeling sorry and then I make it worse by beating up on myself for the way I feel.

It is a viscious cycle and all I have been able to do is to try and make myself understand that I really do have a good life and should enjoy every moment of it. After about the third day that seems to help and off I go. Seems to happen about every four or five months without rhyme nor reason. Take a holiday and maybe it will help.

Alison, I think the heat plays a big part, like you, we are in the middle of summer and experiencing very hot conditions, although it is relatively mild where I am. Ask Jilleroo about the effects of the heat, she is experiencing temps around 44C at the moment.
I find I just accept things and put one foot after the other and before long I am back on a roll.
Ken

Send me a ticket and I will come and cheer you up! :banana: :banana: :banana:
I would not mind to get out of the snow...

Thanks for the replies guys, today was much better. I just think I'm exhausted and need a break. Managed to splash diesel in my one eye today, decided to kick me own azz when I thought about others that were physically disabled and here I am griping :shock:

Anazazi - I have no doubt that you would cheer me up but what I'm needing right now is a slave to do all my work so I can go on holiday sometime :p

VanC - I can well imagine, sorry for your loss.

alisonb":1htri8ht said:
Thanks for the replies guys, today was much better. I just think I'm exhausted and need a break. Managed to splash diesel in my one eye today, decided to kick me own azz when I thought about others that were physically disabled and here I am griping :shock:

Anazazi - I have no doubt that you would cheer me up but what I'm needing right now is a slave to do all my work so I can go on holiday sometime :p

VanC - I can well imagine, sorry for your loss.
You need to go float in the beautiful blue lagoon you posted pics of earlier.

i think we all get to feeling down an out at 1 time or another.an when that happens to me i take time to think things out.an then im rteminded of why i do things,an then in 2 days or sooner i feel better.

Been having a case of the blues myself. First it was seeing large sums of money being shovelled out for equipment repairs, next it was large sums of money being shovelled out for land taxes, then it was college tuition, now I'm getting ready to pay income taxes and the insurance bills are beginning to come in as well. :bang: Everybody is pulling on me and my superman outfit is still in the cleaners. Am reconsidering my idea of buying a sailboat and slipping off to a particular island I've visited on occassion. I have three friends that went there and decided to stay and are having no regrets. We could have a re-union of sorts but then again maybe I'd better stay around cause maybe this year I'll qualify for the unearned income tax refund. :bang:

I used to get it BAD... Now I've learned to take it one day at a time as "this to shall pass". I can plod through just about anything now just by placing one foot in front of the other and repeating. I've learned that if I plow in and make a little progress on the stuff that's really eating me then I can enjoy the easy stuff alot more and then come back and attack the harder stuff later without guilt since I've already made progress... Some days just flat suck but some that I think will flat suck are surpisingly pleasant and none of them last forever. Keep your head up and tommorrow will be better.

The new years blues hit here too. I think it has to do with the lack of sun for us because of our short days, but also the rush rush of the Christmas season, and then nothing. One day at a time here too.

sounds a bit like the carm after the storm....as rockridge said the busy Christmas rush and then the crash of nothing....take a holiday as you suggest and relax, look around and you'll soon see you haven't got it so bad.

those friday night blues will get in your shoes and they work to get you down. oh, and there aint a lady that i ever knew who didnt need her a night on the town.

Beefy":1ryi36oo said:
those friday night blues will get in your shoes and they work to get you down. oh, and there aint a lady that i ever knew who didnt need her a night on the town.
an old john conlee song.

I am fine now but every year about late March after 5 months of steady cloudy, drizzly, never seeing the sun weather, I do get the blues. I generally try to make a road trip for a couple days to somewhere that the sun is shining. It seems to perk me up and get me through to spring.

Dave":1szz4y3i said:
I am fine now but every year about late March after 5 months of steady cloudy, drizzly, never seeing the sun weather, I do get the blues. I generally try to make a road trip for a couple days to somewhere that the sun is shining. It seems to perk me up and get me through to spring.
Sun deprevation I can relate to that, isn't that what is known as 'SAD'...Seasonal Affective Disorder. ?

Latest posts