The Black Widow incident

Help Support CattleToday:

One farm we had in thesan jouqin valley was over run withthem. Had to spray every 2 weeks to keep ahead of them. The other farm there we never saw a spider and the farms were only a couple of miles apart.

Caustic Burno":1i8tpobm said:
ousoonerfan22":1i8tpobm said:
Iso,
I've never seen that many black widows in my whole life!

I have thought this over , I think the Mrs. bought them and scattered them around.
New house, land, and cattle only downside is Isom. Take him out become the most eligible Widow in the county.
You may be on to something there. I was wondering why she asks me to move the wood pile every couple of days here lately. :lol:

backhoeboogie":2nowfjvl said:
slick4591":2nowfjvl said:
Hook, those scorpions are harder to kill. Since they don't clean themselves the spray won't have any effect unless you hit them with it.

Diatomaceous Earth will get rid of scorpions in a hurry. I buy it by the 50 lb bag from the feed store and spread it regularly.

OK, so where can I find Diatomaceous Earth? We've had more scorpions around our place this year and them little boogers hurt when they sting.

Scorpions 1 -- Fly-guy a gazallion and counting.

Fly-guy":2am237el said:
backhoeboogie":2am237el said:
slick4591":2am237el said:
Hook, those scorpions are harder to kill. Since they don't clean themselves the spray won't have any effect unless you hit them with it.

Diatomaceous Earth will get rid of scorpions in a hurry. I buy it by the 50 lb bag from the feed store and spread it regularly.

OK, so where can I find Diatomaceous Earth? We've had more scorpions around our place this year and them little boogers hurt when they sting.

You can get DTE from swimming pool supply houses, they use it in the filter

Fly-guy":gs3pm6m7 said:

Tractor Supply carries it as does the feed mill here, many organic operations use it for worm control in their livestock.

dun":2cyqdpjf said:

dun that's not the same and not effective. Get the food grade stuff from the feed store.

If you put amonia on a scorpion sting, the pain leaves immediately. The venom is neutralized. It is an acid/caustic thing. Same with wasp sting. Amonia is cheap. I got a bottle in the tractor, each truck, the hoe, the house etc.

CB a recluse got me last fall at the base of the right thumb. I Immediately cut a dime size hunk of hide out at the bite. Then I filled the hole with peroxide and went to the ER. They were not happy with me cutting away the spot. :D I have never seen a recluse bite as mild as this one. You know the area was going to rot away anyway. My grip is still a bit weak.

backhoeboogie":3c3w4mop said:
slick4591":3c3w4mop said:

I spray soaked the house....yard, roof, exterior plus the trees with TenGuard. Then did a treatment inside. Crickets, Junebugs, grasshoppers and scorpions were out of control after last weeks rainy spell....I use it regularly and although I'd rather not see them at all, I rarely see a healthy scorpion inside the house. It easily takes care of the spiders too.

backhoeboogie":3w197foq said:
dun":3w197foq said:

dun that's not the same and not effective. Get the food grade stuff from the feed store.

If you put amonia on a scorpion sting, the pain leaves immediately. The venom is neutralized. It is an acid/caustic thing. Same with wasp sting. Amonia is cheap. I got a bottle in the tractor, each truck, the hoe, the house etc.

CB a recluse got me last fall at the base of the right thumb. I Immediately cut a dime size hunk of hide out at the bite. Then I filled the hole with peroxide and went to the ER. They were not happy with me cutting away the spot. :D I have never seen a recluse bite as mild as this one. You know the area was going to rot away anyway. My grip is still a bit weak.

I picked up a bag of Diatomaceous today and I'm wondering how to use it to add more victims to my scorpion score card. All it says on the bag is to use it at 2% with feed. Unfortunately I don't have any scorpion feeders out and if I did, I wouldn't know what to put in them ;-) :lol: ! :help: :lol2: