The Big Storm

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":1n30szh6 said:
So it rained dogs at your house? Where are the cats?

It would about scare the pee outa me to see some taco bell dog sitting in my living room at four in the morning... Poor thing. You should have let him spend the night. I have a weakness for stray dogs. That might explain my choices in men... :oops:

I should have thought of the cats and dogs thing. This little guy has had a few too many taco. He's got the pointy ears and nose, but he's a little elongated and thick. He's still hanging around too. Figured someone would have put out one of those lost dog notes on the community mail box by now.

backhoeboogie":3mwp0csc said:
I should have thought of the cats and dogs thing. This little guy has had a few too many taco. He's got the pointy ears and nose, but he's a little elongated and thick. He's still hanging around too. Figured someone would have put out one of those lost dog notes on the community mail box by now.

If you had some really loud thunderboomers he may have run from a long wasy away. Neighbors dog took off last 4th of July, their kids were setting off crackers. I found the dog 4 days later 12 miles away.

backhoeboogie":w6b4nrr0 said:
Lammie":w6b4nrr0 said:
So it rained dogs at your house? Where are the cats?

It would about scare the pee outa me to see some taco bell dog sitting in my living room at four in the morning... Poor thing. You should have let him spend the night. I have a weakness for stray dogs. That might explain my choices in men... :oops:

\

You better take care of the little dear till you can figure out where he belongs. If not, take him to my sister-in-law. She has never seen a stray she could turn down and it will blend in with the other forty-seven dogs she has.

You think I'm joking?

It's here! :shock: Snowing and blowing hard. :help: Next 24 hours. :frowns: Winter storm warning.

mnmtranching":3fv3i173 said:
It's here! :shock: Snowing and blowing hard. :help: Next 24 hours. :frowns: Winter storm warning.

Geez, I was out in shirtsleeves sweating up a storm a minute ago. I know folks using their air conditioning.

mnmt - Wow, hang in there buddy, hopefully the bad weather will soon be over for ya'll.

Lammie":netciieu said:
Geez, I was out in shirtsleeves sweating up a storm a minute ago. I know folks using their air conditioning.

Lammie - I had to do a double take on your posting. I first read it as shirtless. :oops: :)

CUZ":15y0etjf said:
mnmt - Wow, hang in there buddy, hopefully the bad weather will soon be over for ya'll.

Lammie":15y0etjf said:

Lammie - I had to do a double take on your posting. I first read it as shirtless. :oops: :)

You'all got some nasty minds... Besides, it ain't warm enough to go shirtless yet! :shock: 8)

Lammie":389hdsor said:
You'all got some nasty minds... Besides, it ain't warm enough to go shirtless yet! :shock: 8)

Lammie - You slay me. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

And it wasn't being nasty minded, it was just a poor job of scanning on my part. :) :dunce:

CUZ":28uyi1ed said:
Lammie":28uyi1ed said:

Lammie - You slay me. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

And it wasn't being nasty minded, it was just a poor job of scanning on my part. :) :dunce:

I know you weren't! But if I get in the fire ants, I might go shirtless for as long as it takes me to get in the house!

I was driving to the beer store last night and saw all kinds of damage on I35 just north of me. Several metal buildings, businesses and stuff like that just destroyed. Nothing like that around here. Must have been worse than I thought.

The BIG thaw starts tomorrow, sun and warm. Spring will hit the North Country. :D :D

We made it and thanks for your well wishes. :welcome:

mnmt - Glad you survived.

So give us the stats.
How deep did the snow get?
Did you only lose one calf?
Did it get so bad you had to break into your emergency supplies :drink: ?
Is the wife praying for good weather, so you'll go outside and LEAVE HER ALONE?
How many kids did you trick into getting their tongues stuck on a metal post?
Since you probably built the coolest snow-fort ever, will you be sad to see it go with the thaw?

Anyway, good luck, because everything's probably about to turn to slop.

Cuz, at the ranch we totaled at + - 41 inches [both storms] We have 8 foot drifts. The second storm 11 inches with 40 mph winds. Only lost the one calf.

The forecast was for 3-6 inches, We got 30. The only reason I lost the one calf, wasn't prepared.

I should have taken a couple pics, I hate snow so much I don't want a record.

Now its mud. :shock: still a awful lot of melting needed. We have a mid August sun, so it will melt.

I made shelters out of Big Rounds with boards and tarp, very popular with the calves.

Latest posts