The Best Way?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
backhoeboogie":ifzm2pk3 said:
aplusmnt":ifzm2pk3 said:
allenfarms":ifzm2pk3 said:
I am just lookin for some fun with Bovine and temperment is definetly something I will consider on any breed TealDuck. I don't wanna have to always be afraid to walk across the pasture or for my wife and kids to either. My folks have had Char Bulls real bad about that. :shock: [/b]

I say Murray Greys then, get a hold of springer on here he has 5 nice heifers for sale. They seem to have a reputation just the opposite of the breeds you are currently considering. Springer is down in your area.

Who has Murray's crossed with Brahman or Brangus?

I fixin to pen and haul a load of Caustic Grey's crossed with Brangus to the salebarn today.

Caustic Burno":32tr0wef said:
I fixin to pen and haul a load of Caustic Grey's crossed with Brangus to the salebarn today.

Hope they do good, they are up some here.

Cabo":4eedp8cb said:
Caustic Burno":4eedp8cb said:

Hope they do good, they are up some here.

Find out what they bring next week when the check gets here.
Old Belle didn't want to load this morning after putting a nail through the hand, I didn't stay for the sale.
I hope that she goes to Alpo.

Now CB we all know how you feel about nameing cows :p So How come all of a sudden we are hereing so much about Old Belle? :D

Caustic Burno":19bir9fc said:
Old Belle didn't want to load this morning after putting a nail through the hand, I didn't stay for the sale.

Sorry about that, just goes to show that it can happen to the best of us. Did you get Camp to give you a tetanus shot?

Allen farms, I would have to say to stick with Angus/brangus in Ar. You can't go wrong with either. When looking at registered cattle, the market doesn't affect us if you are selling good seedstock. You will only take to the sale barn your culls, you won't market your stock there. One bit of advice I would suggest is pay attention to pedigrees. I would rather have fewer, real good producing cows, than more so-so cows. If you want to see how good a great bull is, refer to his mother. Cow power is important. SO is bull power. Rather than buy a middle of the road sire to use on registered stock, buy a good one or utilize AI. you can get semen from $100,000 bulls for $40. The registered business is all about weights. You have to be willing to collect lots of data. If you do your homework,and are committed to making which ever breed you choose better, talk to some local breeders. You are selling Bulls to the commercial cowman and any females you sale is just gravy. Your primary goal is producing like type of bulls that will improve YOUR CUSTOMERS herd. I am in Ar and would be happy to show you some cattle. I can show your lots of bulls,heifers, and females (donors and mommas) I can help you understand the difference in herd bulls, clean up bulls, donors and just cows. I am not trying to sell you anything but I would be glad to show you and answer any of your questions as well as give you some other breeders in your area for you to talk with. I am president of the AR brangus breeders and I would be glad to help you find a breeder that is close to you if you would like.You can click on the www button at the bottom of this and It will give you my contact info if you are interested. Good luck

backhoeboogie":2g9yfjx8 said:
aplusmnt":2g9yfjx8 said:
allenfarms":2g9yfjx8 said:
I am just lookin for some fun with Bovine and temperment is definetly something I will consider on any breed TealDuck. I don't wanna have to always be afraid to walk across the pasture or for my wife and kids to either. My folks have had Char Bulls real bad about that. :shock: [/b]

I say Murray Greys then, get a hold of springer on here he has 5 nice heifers for sale. They seem to have a reputation just the opposite of the breeds you are currently considering. Springer is down in your area.

Who has Murray's crossed with Brahman or Brangus?

Was suggesting he stay away from the evil Brahman cross all together. :lol: Try some Murray Greys, hear they are real gentle and his family should be safe to walk across the field. If my Saint Bernard dog runs off again I am going to replace him with a Murray Grey for the kids to play with :lol:

Caustic Greys, kind of has a ring to it, might need to develop the breed, get you a website for allanfarms to read and he will promote the crap out of it for you ;-)

Cabo":21og3h8b said:
Caustic Burno":21og3h8b said:

Sorry about that, just goes to show that it can happen to the best of us. Did you get Camp to give you a tetanus shot?

He was here he went over the south side of the pen as I was going over the north, I just remembered I forgot something in the truck.

Angus Guy":v9gi6wxe said:
Now CB we all know how you feel about nameing cows :p So How come all of a sudden we are hereing so much about Old Belle? :D

What I am curious about is why does he keep PO'ing her and bringing her home, seems he has mentioned taking her to the auction more than once on here :lol:

Your right I forgot about that. :oops: Come on CB if is a different cow show some originality in the names you pick. ;-)

aplusmnt":19dlfhnk said:
Angus Guy":19dlfhnk said:

What I am curious about is why does he keep PO'ing her and bringing her home, seems he has mentioned taking her to the auction more than once on here :lol:

There all named Belle its a Texas thing has to do Blue Belle.
The only thing PO'd around here was me well Belle was mildly irratated.

Now there you go again CB. Feeding them cows out of a bag again. :p :p

Sorry CB I just can't help myself.

Well just to let Ya'll know after serious thought, I do believe I will probably go with Registered Brangus. It will be a while before I buy so all the more time to decide but I have done a lot of driving around, and paying attention to what is in the fields, (mostly black cattle alot with a little ear on em'.) Most everyone in my area seems to think I will do just fine with Brangus. At least I'll be able to sell em'anyway! :lol:

allenfarms":1p02fj68 said:
Well just to let Ya'll know after serious thought, I do believe I will probably go with Registered Brangus. It will be a while before I buy so all the more time to decide but I have done a lot of driving around, and paying attention to what is in the fields, (mostly black cattle alot with a little ear on em'.) Most everyone in my area seems to think I will do just fine with Brangus. At least I'll be able to sell em'anyway! :lol:

i think that is a wise decision. now just be sure and study the cows before you buy em so you dont wind up with somebody's crazies!

If you take a Brangus cow and breed it to most any breed say angus or simmi do you loose the ear on the calves? Or does it take an extra generation to remove it.

aplusmnt":3rawuwle said:
If you take a Brangus cow and breed it to most any breed say angus or simmi do you loose the ear on the calves? Or does it take an extra generation to remove it.

you remove most of it. for instance, your standard 3/8 brahman 5/8 angus brangus when bred to an angus would only give you a calf with 3/16 brahman (most buyers want less than 1/4 ear). however nowadays the percentages of brahman to angus vary, you can have a brangus that is 5/8 brahman and 3/8 angus. but the breed was developed the standard was 3/8 brahman and 5/8 angus. so it just depends on the percentage of brahman in the particular brangus. if you have a 5/8 brahman and breed it to angus the calf would be 5/16 brahman

aplusmnt":1daznnn9 said:

The ear is shortened a bit. Good for crossing. The momma cow has enough ear to forage and produce plenty of milk in the summer heat when others are hanging in the shade and panting and foraging at night only. The calves will gain. The 3/8 Brahman works out that way. Calves are less than 1/4 Brahman and you don't take much of a beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts