The Best Truck (Chevy(GM), Ford, Dodge,etc.)

Help Support CattleToday:

Which Truck is Best?

• Chevrolet

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Ford

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Dodge

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Toyota

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DitchBank

Reaction score
What truck is best in your opinion?

Here's mine:

Why would you drive anything besides a Chevy (GMC)? I have never owned anything other than a tough built GM built vehicle. NO. No, other trucks compare to what GM has put into there's. They have made a simplistic truck that has more power in 2WD than any other truck can muster up in 4WD. I know a mechanic that has been a mechanic his whole life, there aren't many Chevrolet driving into his shop but all Fords with the same dumb problems. Ford made things so dang compicated and hard to fix and then along with that made and make vehicles that break down. I have driven a Dodge 06' 2500 Dodge Ram. I thought ubout getting it to until it had to be put in 4WD to pull out of my drive way and got stuck in the gravel. Dodge dosen't back its looks up with power I can tell you that much.

With past experiences nothing will be in my drive way unless it is made by the most relable and #1 selling car&truck company General Motores.

Chevy S-10, Sonoma Series
There isn't a better compact pickup. I own one as of right now. Ford Ranger is not reliable and Tacomas are not as tough. It dose the durty work and is the one that gets beaten, it can pull plenty behind it if needed. It has a good ride and is very comfortable and powerful.

View attachment 2

Chevy Colorado,Canyon Series
New version of the S-10
View attachment 1

Chevy Silverado
The truck that's been around for 89 years and counting. I have a 1500 Chevy Silverado that pushes, pulls, and drags anything you put it up against. It is the toughest truck and is probably the best truck ever built. Nothing need more to be said.

Sage":3o5rjhat said:
HA! HA! HA! Thanks I needed a good laugh.

<chuckle> Me too. Especially the line: Dodge doesn't have enough power, because he got stuck. Hey buddy, getting stuck in gravel isn't the fault of the truck, its the driver. ;-)

Rod

I've had 2 chevy trucks and will never have another. The 56 was darn good truck, the one that was 90 something was a reall pile of crap. Never owned a dodge but drove a lot of them, not impressed. Had a couple of Datsuns that were decent trucks. I haven;t had a FORD yet that was a problem. I think the old 300 six with a 4 speed was the toughest truck they made.

I drive a chevy 2000 Z71 with over 240000 miles on it and still going strong. BUT having said that it dosen't make it the best. Its just what I prefer.All truck companys are trying to come out wih the best truck,therefore ther's good in all trucks. Ya just gotta figure out which one suits you better.If you like a certain make and it's done you good service then why bother with something else.
I've heard over and over " They don't make them like they used to". Well me for one am glad they don't.You never hardly heard of getting over 200,000 miles miles on a 50 or up to an 80 model truck of any make. I have driven GM trucks for years and they,ve given me good service.So I continue to drive them because of that, But on the other hand have several friends who are the same way about Fords and Dodges.
Having said all this I do not believe that GM is the superior truck. It just suits me better, and i'm to old to change now.

Cal

DitchBank":gofoqiw8 said:
What truck is best in your opinion?

Here's mine:

Why would you drive anything besides a Chevy (GMC)? I have never owned anything other than a tough built GM built vehicle. NO. No, other trucks compare to what GM has put into there's. They have made a simplistic truck that has more power in 2WD than any other truck can muster up in 4WD. I know a mechanic that has been a mechanic his whole life, there aren't many Chevrolet driving into his shop but all Fords with the same dumb problems. Ford made things so dang compicated and hard to fix and then along with that made and make vehicles that break down. I have driven a Dodge 06' 2500 Dodge Ram. I thought ubout getting it to until it had to be put in 4WD to pull out of my drive way and got stuck in the gravel. Dodge dosen't back its looks up with power I can tell you that much.

With past experiences nothing will be in my drive way unless it is made by the most relable and #1 selling car&truck company General Motores.

Chevy S-10, Sonoma Series
There isn't a better compact pickup. I own one as of right now. Ford Ranger is not reliable and Tacomas are not as tough. It dose the durty work and is the one that gets beaten, it can pull plenty behind it if needed. It has a good ride and is very comfortable and powerful.

View attachment 2

Chevy Colorado,Canyon Series
New version of the S-10
View attachment 1

Chevy Silverado
The truck that's been around for 89 years and counting. I have a 1500 Chevy Silverado that pushes, pulls, and drags anything you put it up against. It is the toughest truck and is probably the best truck ever built. Nothing need more to be said.

None of your pictures are of trucks they are pickups. If you never have owned a truck, how would you know the best :?:
I had an 01 Duramax. Allison Transmission went out at 53,000 miles. New one cost me $4000 as it was 3000 miles past warranty. Then the engine died at 56,000. Injectors had been leaking into block. Oil allways looked like sludge.

I have to look at trucks just like cattle. What can I get that will work for what I can afford. Tried gasoline powered Ford. Couldn't keep it running long enough to get anything done. I'm sure the diesel powered trucks would work fine, but I sure can't afford to pay $30,000 plus for a truck. I've been driving Chevys for the last ten years with little to no problems. I've never owned a vehicle with less than 100,000 miles. My last truck was sold at 240,000 miles. The one I have now has 180,000 on it. I am sort in a quandry though. I don't think Chevy is making 3/4 or 1 tons with manual transmissions anymore, unless they're special order. That means I'll have to buy a new truck to get a manual. I don't buy new anything. Also, another interesting point. My father-in-law, a not so proud owner of a 3/4 ton Ford, is currently driving my Chevy because the front end collapsed under his and the A-frame is currently setting in gravel. The front end under Fords used to be a major weakness, not sure about the new ones.

Brute 23":328qf6rr said:
:lol2: Too funny...

I am a GM man myself,,, but that is pure preferance. No facts proving GM better than any other in my book except for the way my butt fits in the seat... :D

That is why I buy Fords. Their seats just fit me better than GM.

I drive an '01 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel. The injectors went out but were covered by warranty. Has 204,000 miles on it now and not a probelm in the world. Had a Ford before that and got good results from it as well. We use the pickup for a lot of things besides the cattle so I prefer the Chevy interior and it seems to ride better even with 4wd. Am now looking hard at the new Toyota Tundrafull size. I see quiet a few of them on the road down here but then they're made in San Antonio. Wife works for postal service and drives a '00 Toyota Tundra (the smaller version) and has had zero problems with it and it has a little over 100,000 miles on it. Have friends with Dodges but most of them just bought the Cummins engine and got the truck thrown in. :lol2:

I had a Chevy once. That was enough. I didn't even buy it, got it in a trade for a semi I was selling. Should have known better. They all have good and bad points. My dad has an old Dodge with a 318 that is as good a truck as I have ever sat in. I drive Fords because I like them. I like the way they look, drive, etc. I love my 03 Superduty but I have had a couple of small problems but they were all covered by warrenty with no problem. Next time this subject comes up I may not be as happy now that my extended warrenty is out.

Got a 2000 Ford F350 4wd powerstroke 6sp flatbed, it's the best I've ever had . I don't think anything in those pictures would take the kind of abuse that my Ford does . GM makes some nice trucks as far as comfort and driving but, they just don't seem tough enough . Since Ford seems to be determined to mess up their diesel motors I suppose my next truck will be a Dodge

Larry

I knew I was going to have laugh when I read the title of this thread.

The best truck is the one that gives you least trouble over its life.

10-4 on that flaboy!

but i gotta go w/dodge..its the most wrok like vehicle even with its faults. chevys are like drivin a car..yota are too lightwieght and the fords are full of grief...ive had em all but im on my second dodge diesel 1st went 280000 w zero problems and traded it for the one ive got now w 170000 and itsstill makin huge power towing and blowin little rice racer away w performence...its also my hotrod!

I've owned and worked a many chev. / GMC trucks in the past 35 years. They lost me on my last one. a 2005 2500HD Duramax/Allison. Rough riding sob, wouldnt pull with overheating. Was a 4X4 and was good in the mud, without a trailer though. I guess I needed that 2 times in the 2 years I used it. But was only 200 yards from the tractor for a pull. I wasn't enough truck. Went to Dodge Cummins for the power and pulling. I've never had such a pulling sob of a truck. All Stock. No Chips. Pulls like a :clap:

I use to buy a new truck every two years. In my business I could not afford down time. I bought a new Datsun in 1970 for a commute truck. I drove the devil out of it and could not kill it, but It beat the devil out of me as well. I have never owned a Chevy that would hold up eather. The worst was an 89 Silverado 3/4 4x4. I had a 72 Dodge 360 4x4 It would run but was hard to start in cold weather, the running gear was excellent but It was always down for front breaks. I have a 90 Dodge Cummins 4x4 that has been a real work horse. I do not drive it very much. It sets up to high and It is difficult for me to get in and not a very comfortable ride, It is heavy duty, I want to sell it but no one wants a 18 yeas old truck. I have always had the best service out of my Fords. I currently have a 98 Dodge 3/4 4x4 Cummins, It has been a great truck. Don't even want to think about ever buying another new truck. With that said, I have to agree with Cal.