The Best the Camera has Caught

Help Support CattleToday:

Real Nice.
I have one that has a genetic defect of no brow tines. I have pics of him over the last six years he is going down big time this year.
I have never seen him or got a daytime pic through the years.

I just hope there's some does left to shoot after this EHD is through.

Kentuckyguy, Deer here are doing well. Haven't found a dead one or seen any that appear sick here. Heard some other counties are having that trouble though.

FlyingLSimmentals":20kiuh61 said:
Kentuckyguy, Deer here are doing well. Haven't found a dead one or seen any that appear sick here. Heard some other counties are having that trouble though.
We don't see near as many deer as we did in the past, not found any dead so not sure what is going on. Other parts of my county they talk like they are over run with them.

Now turkeys are plentiful, they stay in the yard almost like chickens, walk 20 feet from them and won't get out of the driveway when coming in.

kentuckyguy":19ecqhzz said:
I just hope there's some does left to shoot after this EHD is through.

It is epidemic in some areas here. Seems to be an odd virus. Some areas get wiped out, others not so much and may only be a matter of a few miles between them. I see one doe here that is extremely thin but still have more deer than I would prefer.

I suspect that when an epizootic goes through it leaves a lot of immunity in the population so subsequent epizootics are not as damaging.

Latest posts