The best salmon recipe!! Sooo good!

Help Support CattleToday:

ranchmom77

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I have started "clean eating" for a few weeks to try and detox our systems and I came across the most delicious recipe for salmon.. Yum yum yum!

Grilled Salmon with Citrus Salsa Verde
Serves 4

Ingredients

2 large oranges
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cut fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
2 scallions, finely sliced
3 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves or 1tb dry
2 tablespoon orange zest
1teaspoon lemon zest
1teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
4 salmon fillets
2 tablespoon amber agave nectar
2 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained and coarsely chopped (I like mine whole)

Directions for the Salsa

For the salsa:

Peel and trim the ends from each orange.
Using a paring knife, cut along the membrane on both sides of each segment (gets kind of messy, but just do your best, I also will cut the skin off and then just slice the orange into bites)
Add orange to a medium bowl.
Add the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, scallions, mint, capers, orange zest, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.
Toss lightly and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

For the Salmon

Pre heat outdoor grill gas or charcoal or grill pan.
Brush with rack or spray with oil to keep the salmon from sticking.
Brush the salmon with the agave nectar and season.
Grill until the fish flakes easily and is cooked through. About 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Transfer salmon to platter, spoon the Salsa Verde on top of salmon or serve on the side.

:banana: :banana:

The salmon sounds good. By clean eating what to do you mean. I take spurts were I don't eat anything processed packaged or preserved. It's hard to stick to.

Yep, that's exactly what we're doing.. We decided to stick to it for 2 weeks and see how we feel.. I agree it's very hard to stick to but I can't believe how much better I feel. We also cut out all sugar and can only use "natural" sweeteners like Truvia or Agave nectar. I think we're on day 5 now.. The hardest part is cooking something that the kids like! They think we're trying to kill them with "healthy food" :)

Latest posts