The best mouse trap bait?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan":yterxprs said:
I have used peanut butter as bait for years, now it seems fat mice are hanging out and laughing at me. They just lick it off without sitting off the trap. What's the best bait in your opinion?

Alan
Alan, rattlesnakes seem to work pretty well down this way. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":1d1wtpqp said:
Alan":1d1wtpqp said:
I have used peanut butter as bait for years, now it seems fat mice are hanging out and laughing at me. They just lick it off without sitting off the trap. What's the best bait in your opinion?

Alan

I am trying to decide what I hate more, snakes or mice. I think it is a toss up . :hide:

Mix some icing sugar in your peanut butter before you place it on the traps Alan ,it seems to do the trick .

hillsdown":2pbgashl said:
TexasBred":2pbgashl said:
Alan":2pbgashl said:

Alan

I am trying to decide what I hate more, snakes or mice. I think it is a toss up . :hide:

Mix some icing sugar in your peanut butter before you place it on the traps Alan ,it seems to do the trick .
I see your putting your culinary skills to work on the mice even. :lol: At least they get a good final meal.

TexasBred":vws9sjqb said:
Alan":vws9sjqb said:

Alan

You may remember TB that I got bit by a snake last spring and it scared me to no end..... Well it wasn't a rattler. It was a 8 or 6 inch Gardner snake on top of the hay stack, they have no teeth, now that i think about it it may have been 6 feet, but it still hurt..... My heart. No thanks I take a thousand mice to one rattler! :D

Isomade that's even better than letting them try to drink . If its rainy or has been that will still work . Reminds me of a turtle trap .

Alan":1dtg4dar said:
LRTX1":1dtg4dar said:
Stolen from the interweb
0327111105.jpg

I like it! Rainy and windy today, I see three being made this afternoon. Thanks Iso for the suggestion and lrtx1 for the stolen pic.

Alan

thats pretty fancy ut thats the idea

Probably won't work for the barn but we use the electric devices that drive the mice crazy in the house. They plug into an outlet and issue a sound that makes mice and rats go away. I am serious, I would not have believed it but I watched it happen with my own two sober eyes. We haven't seen a mouse in the 2 years since we started using them. Got ours a an ACE hardware store.

melking":1bp14shw said:
Probably won't work for the barn but we use the electric devices that drive the mice crazy in the house. They plug into an outlet and issue a sound that makes mice and rats go away. I am serious, I would not have believed it but I watched it happen with my own two sober eyes. We haven't seen a mouse in the 2 years since we started using them. Got ours a an ACE hardware store.

Hey Melking,do they have these that work on people?

Cal

Calman":1pn1hil1 said:
melking":1pn1hil1 said:

Cal

I have "selective hearing" - or so I have been told. Prolly won't work for people.

Peanut butter is the best bait. Wet some bread and put it on the trip pan (of whatever trap you use) and impregnate it with peanut better. They cannot lick it off the pan.

Poisons are out. I remember dead mice in the wall 30 years ago and ripping out walls to get rid of that smell.

Calman":fkgcg568 said:
melking":fkgcg568 said:

Cal

Wouldn't that be nice...that is actually my be nice by the way not the other ****

Gale Seddon":33b2rr79 said:
Holy moly, TB, that's some photo. Did you take that? Hope you had a substantial zoom lens on it if you did.
Lord no. I would have been hauling butt the other direction. Just googled and found the pic.

backhoeboogie":2cr9uqzd said:
Calman":2cr9uqzd said:
melking":2cr9uqzd said:

Cal

I have "selective hearing" - or so I have been told. Prolly won't work for people.

Peanut butter is the best bait. Wet some bread and put it on the trip pan (of whatever trap you use) and impregnate it with peanut better. They cannot lick it off the pan.

Poisons are out. I remember dead mice in the wall 30 years ago and ripping out walls to get rid of that smell.

Having no sense of smell is a wonderful thing... I find dead rats by tripping over them. Found a nearly wholly decomposed mouse under one of my bookshelves when I was moving house in May... never had a notion it was there.

regolith":1965krkw said:
Having no sense of smell is a wonderful thing... I find dead rats by tripping over them. Found a nearly wholly decomposed mouse under one of my bookshelves when I was moving house in May... never had a notion it was there.
No sense of smell?? That means you cannot taste either.

I can't compare with other people TB. In my own little world I can both smell and taste but when other people start talking about what they can smell... I can't understand what they're on about. Just don't seem to have the nuances most people have. My mum thinks an inability to taste would make perfect sense of my eating habits as a child.

regolith":2t8ps5v8 said:
I can't compare with other people TB. In my own little world I can both smell and taste but when other people start talking about what they can smell... I can't understand what they're on about. Just don't seem to have the nuances most people have. My mum thinks an inability to taste would make perfect sense of my eating habits as a child.
As for smell-you aint missing much.
When I smoked people told me how much better you could smell if you didn't smoke.
When I quit smoking I found out they were right. My sense of smell became much more acute and I found that most things stink. :roll: