The airing of the grievances

Help Support CattleToday:

This teenager that works for us deserves his own thread of a breed. His mother is a drug addict and his papa is in the penitentiary. Lives with his grandfather next door to Doc so he tried to take this kid under his wing and give him an after school job. Time will tell if this was a good idea.

First of all the kid refers to himself in the third person all the time. Calls himself "T". Tells me the most unbelievably outrageous lies about himself as he is in the act of disproving them while we do minor chores. The words yes combined with ma'am or sir have never crossed his lips.

Folks I am not that old. I was in middle school when Atari and the Radio Shack TRS 80 hit the stores. Is this normal for kids to be so dumb they just lie, know they are lying, know that you know they are lying, and still keep lying?

You should mention to him that most people aren't intelligent enough to remember what they lied about...so they don't lie

LOL at the thread title and Festivus reference...awesome

I had a co-worker who was a little bit like that. It wasn't malicious, but if he told you a story he was going to make sure it was a good one. I'll never forget the time one of my father's friends was talking about him and said "He'd climb in a tree to tell you a lie when he could have stood on the ground and told the truth."
I work with a few that that quote fits perfectly. The stories get bigger and bigger with each telling.

I dunno, is it normal for an adult man to deny age by giving his age by citing electronics from jr high?
I don't deny mine but sometimes, when a young person asks my age, I tell 'em
"I was born 24 days before the reds jumped the 38th parallel"

Most times, they don't have a clue what that means.

A young man (younger than me anyway) was bragging about how long he was going to live and pointed to me and stated

"You sure ain't going to outlive me old man"

I just said
"Maybe, maybe not. How old are you son?"
When he told me, I just said
"I already have".

F8BDCDC6-8ED9-413B-B1CD-6B55E0D1F3E6.jpegAnother thing with the teenager is his smell. It drives the cattle beserk. Something about that teenager funk. These are my two pet heifers from pet cows. Super gentle.

The teen shows up they will start bucking and trying to give him a head butt.

The sofa's, mattresses, full and broken-open trash bags thrown from the road onto the edge of my ranch. The pains of being one of the last remaining farms in Dallas. Texas. God doesn't give you more than you can bear.....and I can bear a lot.
I know what you mean, even though we ain't in Dallas. It's the same way here in KY, the roadsides are full of trash thrown from vehicles and sacks and boxes of it too. We've found old mattresses chairs and all kinds of junk thrown out along the fence lines.

View attachment 10654Another thing with the teenager is his smell. It drives the cattle beserk.

The teen shows up they will start bucking and trying to give him a head butt.
Naw, the teen smell pumps life into them, feeling their oats and playful.
It's that old person smell of death that depresses them and slows 'em to a crawl. :)

We just logged another 20 acres for pasture.
I had to rent a dumpster and take the tractor with the bucket/root rake and pick up years of garbage.
We have about 50 tires, refrigerators, couches, even someone's golf club...you name it, it probably is there....
Crazy how some people have no respect.

This teenager that works for us deserves his own thread of a breed. His mother is a drug addict and his papa is in the penitentiary. Lives with his grandfather next door to Doc so he tried to take this kid under his wing and give him an after school job. Time will tell if this was a good idea.

First of all the kid refers to himself in the third person all the time. Calls himself "T". Tells me the most unbelievably outrageous lies about himself as he is in the act of disproving them while we do minor chores. The words yes combined with ma'am or sir have never crossed his lips.

Folks I am not that old. I was in middle school when Atari and the Radio Shack TRS 80 hit the stores. Is this normal for kids to be so dumb they just lie, know they are lying, know that you know they are lying, and still keep lying?
There has always some that were born that way. Today there is so many more. Many today say what they think will impress others, what will get them what they desire and what will take the blame off them. So many today haven't been taught respect for others and integrity. We deal with some on a frequent basis. They never realize why they are losing jobs, sales, ect

RESPECT - boy, that is a word the younger generation has not been taught - outside the farm community. All the 4-H kids I deal with in the beef industry still show respect, common sense and work ethics. Being born & raised in Rhode Island and most of my family lives in RI, I see a lot of "city" kids that need to learn what it means.

I've worked with some kids in group homes, foster care, and sad/bad home environments, and it seems that they do lie to overcompensate more than your average teenager. It's a defense mechanism to try to convince themselves that life isn't as bad as they know it is.

With the parenting (or rather, non-parenting) he had, it is no surprise. I doubt they ever took him to church at tall. What are his grand-parents like?: Are they his mom's or dad's parents? Do you know what his dad is in prison for?

Latest posts