The airing of the grievances

Help Support CattleToday:

This teenager that works for us deserves his own thread of a breed. His mother is a drug addict and his papa is in the penitentiary. Lives with his grandfather next door to Doc so he tried to take this kid under his wing and give him an after school job. Time will tell if this was a good idea.

First of all the kid refers to himself in the third person all the time. Calls himself "T". Tells me the most unbelievably outrageous lies about himself as he is in the act of disproving them while we do minor chores. The words yes combined with ma'am or sir have never crossed his lips.

Folks I am not that old. I was in middle school when Atari and the Radio Shack TRS 80 hit the stores. Is this normal for kids to be so dumb they just lie, know they are lying, know that you know they are lying, and still keep lying?

This teenager that works for us deserves his own thread of a breed. His mother is a drug addict and his papa is in the penitentiary. Lives with his grandfather next door to Doc so he tried to take this kid under his wing and give him an after school job. Time will tell if this was a good idea.

First of all the kid refers to himself in the third person all the time. Calls himself "T". Tells me the most unbelievably outrageous lies about himself as he is in the act of disproving them while we do minor chores. The words yes combined with ma'am or sir have never crossed his lips.

Folks I am not that old. I was in middle school when Atari and the Radio Shack TRS 80 hit the stores. Is this normal for kids to be so dumb they just lie, know they are lying, know that you know they are lying, and still keep lying?
He's probably overcompensating for the way he was brought up. It's sad to see it in kids, I have a few times. Hopefully he can grow out of it.

There are pathological liars who do the same their entire life, it's just who they are. I worked for one and was married to one. Fortunately they're a rare breed, but hard to deal with. I've seen them lie when the truth would suit them better, it's like they're incapable of telling the truth.

. Is this normal for kids to be so dumb they just lie, know they are lying, know that you know they are lying, and still keep lying?
We have seen many situations similar to that, and yes it is very normal for children raised in those kind of environments. The adults in their life are prone to lie, folks on drugs and or involved with other criminal behavior lie as a way of life. The child has likely not had any positive influences in his life for many years of his development.
Hopefully, he can see a glimpse of a different way of life, but it is very difficult to overcome.

Last edited:
. . . There are pathological liars who do the same their entire life, it's just who they are. I worked for one and was married to one. Fortunately they're a rare breed, but hard to deal with. I've seen them lie when the truth would suit them better, it's like they're incapable of telling the truth.
I had a co-worker who was a little bit like that. It wasn't malicious, but if he told you a story he was going to make sure it was a good one. I'll never forget the time one of my father's friends was talking about him and said "He'd climb in a tree to tell you a lie when he could have stood on the ground and told the truth."

He's probably overcompensating for the way he was brought up. It's sad to see it in kids, I have a few times. Hopefully he can grow out of it.

There are pathological liars who do the same their entire life, it's just who they are. I worked for one and was married to one. Fortunately they're a rare breed, but hard to deal with. I've seen them lie when the truth would suit them better, it's like they're incapable of telling the truth.
My EX sister-in-law. She would rather lie as tell the truth.

This teenager that works for us deserves his own thread of a breed.
First of all the kid refers to himself in the third person all the time.
Folks I am not that old. I was in middle school when Atari and the Radio Shack TRS 80 hit the stores. Is this normal for kids to be so dumb...
I dunno, is it normal for an adult man to deny age by giving his age by citing electronics from jr high?

I had a co-worker who was a little bit like that. It wasn't malicious, but if he told you a story he was going to make sure it was a good one. I'll never forget the time one of my father's friends was talking about him and said "He'd climb in a tree to tell you a lie when he could have stood on the ground and told the truth."
My coon hunting cousins always say they'd tell it to you five different ways before they told you a lie lol.