The ads have sound now??

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
We just got a new computer, it has Windows 8 and I'm lost with it. It's like this new computer is a giant smart phone and dadgummit, it's smarter than me! Now some of the ads at the top of the page are frickin videos and they get loaded up and start blaring about the time I start reading a thread.

I just got a new one too...opted to stay with Windows 7. Just like the one I had with a lot more computing power and no 50 cent size black spot on the screen.

:banana:

No ads playing.....at least for now.

It's drivin me nuts. Sometimes when I click on a thread to read it, it opens up a new tab with some ad even though I clicked on the thread title. When I click to close JUST that one tab, IE closes altogether and I have to re-open it and navigate back to the page. Haven't found the popup blocker yet. Wish I would have found a computer that still had 7. We took advantage of back to school sale and state sales tax holiday, the place was a zoo so it was like pick one and get the flock out of there.

Anybody want a little cheese to go with all this whine??? Yes, I know, I should be grateful I have a shiny new computer but this win 8 is just ruining it for me.

MO_cows":2b3259wi said:
We just got a new computer, it has Windows 8 and I'm lost with it. It's like this new computer is a giant smart phone and dadgummit, it's smarter than me! Now some of the ads at the top of the page are frickin videos and they get loaded up and start blaring about the time I start reading a thread.
I can't help you with win8 but it sounds like it came with autoplay enabled by default, which would result in any Flash ad to begin animation (with sound) as soon as the ad loads..

Latest posts